Welcome Home

The sun was on the horizon and the storms had finally passed. But the events of the night hung heavily in the air.

"Hold still." Blue said sliding the curved needle into his shoulder.

"Well stop jack hammering it."

"I'm not." He chuckled.

Mika had been lain across the living room coffee table, naked, his ass covered by a towel. His body was covered in a thick layer of soot, mud and dried blood. The gash in his back was still open and Blue was acting as his personal physician and stitched up his wounds.

Rocco stood over him holding a bottle of vodka, he poured the clear liquid over the wound sanitizing it. It burned like hell and Mika winced every time. 

Blue shook his head at him, "To be a great warrior and to be such a tit baby at the same time. You're quite the multitasker."

"Funny."

Simona sat on the back of the couch above Blue toweling off his gun shot wounds, with tweezer digging out tiny pieces of bullet that had been lodged in his muscle and bone. She neutralized the silver with more alcohol washing away the metal. Blue's jaw tightened as she worked but he remained still. Unlike Mika who was squirming like a child.

"Ow!" Mika yelled as Rocco poured more vodka. "That's enough."

The three of them looked like a nightmare, rain soaked, mud, blood, bits of grass stuck to their bodies. But they were safe. They had survived the night. Some of them.

Rocco was angry with them for not coming along, the young wolf wanted to fight, he dreamed of being a great warrior one day. He wanted to grow up so fast, being 12 years old was a curse to him.

Meanwhile Mika just wanted to die. His obligation to him and Stella kept him breathing, but death sounded like a sweet release from this dark disgusting world. His heart had been broken into a thousand pieces. Losing Freddie and Stan had left him hollow and incomplete.

The door knob jingled. Someone was at the house. They all paused, Blue grabbing the gun next to him ready to fight.

"Calm down, it's probably Stella. She said she was on her way." The door jingled again as a key slid into the door. Stella didn't have any keys for the house. "Oh shit, it's Grandma!"

Simona dashed off the couch to greet Grandma Cade as the door opened. Standing there was Liara, a large duffle bag over her arm and tote bag in her hand. Simona stopped dead in her tracks with a gasp.

 Simona stopped dead in her tracks with a gasp

"Liara?"

Her sister stared at her with a look of utter shock on her face. While Liara observed the scene in her Grandmother's home. The naked man on her Grandmother's table, the bloody man on the couch, the child holding a bottle of vodka and her sister, covered in a thick layer of black soot and a thin silk robe.

Liara stood there her arm bandaged from the wrist to the elbow, her hand over her mouth. She dropped her bags, "What the fuck is going in here?"

Simona smiled nervously. This was the first time she had seen her sister in 8 years and this wasn't exactly the reunion she dreamed of. "Um..well... What had happened was...-"

Liara cut her off, "What the fuck is going on in here! Who is this?" She asked pointing to Mika, then turned her attention to Blue and Rocco, "Who are they? Where is Grandma? What the..."

Before Simona could think of a good lie Grandma Cade pulled into the driveway, honking her horn. Yet another RV pulling into the front yard. Simona ran to the door and pushed passed Liara and ran to her Grandmother.

Grandma Cade slowly eased out her car and opened her arms to her granddaughter. She gave her a look up and down and saw the blood on her robe, soot on her face and worry in her eyes, "Simona what happened?"

"Kota's...um Grandma Liara's home."

"LeeLee? Goodness."

Two men emerged from the RV, big bulky men that looked like Greek Gods carved from granite. They approached the two of them giving Simona a respectful nod.

"Hello?" She stuttered nervously.

"This is my granddaughter Simona, the last Cadence..." She trailed off as she stared at Liara who was slowly approaching, nursing a fresh wound on her arm. The smell around her was very familiar, spice and earth, the same as Simona. She had been bitten by a wolf. She closed her eyes as her heart sank. "Liara."

The clueless sister threw her hands up in the air, "Hello? What the hell is happening around here?"

Grandma Cade put her arm around her, "Come inside we need to talk Liara. Oh, how I missed you." She said hugging her tightly. "What brings you home so suddenly?"

"Ramona...she's dead."

"Goodness, I knew she was in the hospital. I didn't know she had passed. I'm so sorry. I know you two were close."

Liara brushed off all topic and went back to the more pressing matters. "That's nice Grandma, but do you care to explain...all this?"

"Yes, well. Come inside."

Slowly the two women walked towards the house, "Grandma I'm not going in there, did you know there's two naked men in your living room, covered in shit."

Grandma paused, putting one hand on her hip, "What's that now?"

"What are you guys mixed up in?"

Grandma held her close and sighed, "I'll  fix us some coffee it's a long story..."

🐾To Be Continued....🐺

🐺

Well that's it for now. Thank you so much to everyone who read my story. I appreciate every single one of you. Book #2 is coming soon. 😬

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on the story as a whole. Fave characters, least favorite, scenes, anything. Feedback really helps me out a lot when writing. I'm glad there's others out there appreciate Horror/ Romance. I was never sure if there was a real place for it on wattpad. Some of you have proven me wrong, yay!

Again thank you for reading 💋
See you soon!