🔥Heat

Sadness and disgust washed over his entire expression. Charlie sat deep in thought, his eyes showing an array of emotions, none of them pleasant.

"Simona I want you to understand. That this is justice. I had found a family. A place where I could be whole again. They came here in peace and he offered them death. Those people..." Tears gathered in his eyes and his mental grip on Simona started to crack, "they didn't deserve to die. Jeon didn't deserve to die. And it didn't stop there, what he did after..."

The words drifted off just as his ability to bend her wolf to his will. Slowly Simona felt her wolf mentally release her legs, lose its grip on her hands. She began to push against the supernatural force holding her back. Jade began to come to her senses, frightened by her own actions.

"I'm sorry that happened Charlie. I really am. But this...this isn't right."

"What isn't right?"
"You started a war on this land, and for what? To prove what? You stole your brothers whole life from him!"

"No. I made it better. The wolf gene already lived inside of him, I just gave it life. All that anxiety and fear, it was because his body wasn't whole. I fixed him. He should've been changed years ago." Charlie looked away, trying to convince himself what he was saying was true. His emotions were begining to get the better of him. "The same as you."

Shaking her head Simona replied, "No."
"If you're parents hadn't died you would've been changed too. No, they- the elders all wanted our bloodline to die, to fade into a distant fucking memory. Everything that we know is all shrouded in secrets and fucking lies!" He yelled, letting his emotions get the better of him.

He gripped the wood railing tightly, feeling small splinters snap and break in his hands. " I am not a monster. Maybe you would understand better if you just knew."

"Knew what?"

"Everything Wes did -"

Simona closed her eyes took a deep long breath as she fought to regain control. A warm sensation filled her body. Like a snakes hiss, her Wolf breathed heavily in her ears, its own  fear dissipating as it relinquished it's grasp of her.

Small black veins Rose and spread across her neck and face. Thin black veins, crawling like vines. Before Charlie could finish his sentence he felt a horrible pain in his stomach that instantly dropped him to his knees. Instantly he screamed out, clutching his abdomen. It felt as if he had eaten a bowl of broken glass.

Simona didn't know what she was doing to him, all she could think was, pain. She wanted him to hurt. She wanted to break him.
Unfortunately Charlie quickly recovered, regaining full control ashamed that he had dropped his guard for a small second. Simona quickly reached for the gun, but Charlie sprung into action and attacked.
Without hesitation he lunged forward springing himself into the air and pouncing on her. Falling back Charlie and Simona landed hard against the porch. The sheer force of it knocked the wind out of her.

With surprise and a hint of danger in his face Charlie put one hand to her chest holding her flesh against the wood below. "I don't want to hurt you. Don't force me to do something we're both going to regret."

"Get off of me!" Instead of fear all Simona could feel was anger. Her blood boiled, her eyes began to blur.

The heavy breaths coming from her mouth began to sound less and less human. Charlie tried to make her bend to his will, to silence her awakening wolf. But his gifts wouldn't touch her mind. Her brown eyes began to pulse with a golden glow.

"Calm yourself. Now!" Charlie yelled, not wanting to hurt her but the way she acting, he saw no other alternative. The last thing he wanted to do was fight a frightened fledging Wolf that had never been released. The a wolf that would be blood thirsty as ever, ready to kill whatever was in it's path.