Part 16: Leave Town

On her Grandmother's porch Simona relaxed. Her foot rocking her back and forth in an old wooden rocking chair. Her feet up on the railing, enjoying the warm yet cool October breeze. She had left Caleb's place hours ago, but he mind was still very much there.

She returned Rachel's car. Left the keys on the kitchen table and without a word to her. After that, she spent most of the day on the porch staring at the clouds rolling by, the thick green grass and flowers dancing on the breeze. But staring at nothing at all, her mind was replaying everything that had happened last night.

Still she could not believe she had had sex with Caleb Talley and what a night it was! The way he kissed her, the way he touched her body, the way he nibbled her neck, it all brought a girlish smile to her face. Though the small sting of guilt sullied her beautiful memories.

She felt guilty for not feeling as guilty as she should. Though she wanted to go talk to Rachel and try to patch things up. Her famous stubborn pride, left her unmovable. She wasn't even sure if her and Rachel could fix this mess. She slept with Caleb for god's sake. Rachel was going to be pissed and rightfully so.

Simona knew what she did was wrong. If Rachel wanted him, who was she to stand in the way? But she did, she stood right at his doorstep and walked into his arms. Then fucked him in his bed. With no care of how it would hurt her oldest friend.

Everything Caleb had said to her, had her mind all tangled and messed up. Did he really love her? Had he misspoken in the car?... Her thoughts drifted back to the car and hope Caleb kissed her, pressed her body against the window. His hands exploring her-

"A woman only smiles like that, if she is crazy or in love. Or both." Her Grandmother chuckled from the doorway. She stood there a woman in her late 60's dressed more fashionably than she was. Leopard print leggings and low cut tunic top, that showed her small but still perky bosoms.

"Hey Nana."

"So which is it?" She asked with a hopeful smile.

Simona tried to keep a straight face and not give away any secrets, "Neither."

"You always were a bad liar."

"I'm not in love Nana-"

She immediately cut her words off, "Then you're crazy."

She laughed, "No..well maybe."

Grandma Cade was tried of this game already, "Alright, out with it. Spill the bean chile."

"There's nothing to tell Nana. Not yet." Simona smirked not wanting to be the next topic of discussion over the next game of gin rummy with Marian.

Grandma Cade reached out and took Simona's chin into her calm, cupping her face. "Those marks on your neck, where did you get them?"

Shocked and embarrassed Simona put her hand to the bite on the lower part of her neck. "It's nothing."

"It doesn't look like nothing. I know a love bite when I see one. A damn deep one too."

Simona looked away from her Grandmother, mortified. "It's not a hickie."

"Don't lie." She laughed. "So you like this boy?"

Biting her lip she thought hard on how to answer that, "Yes I do." She said cool, coy and casual.

"Is it that Caleb boy?" She asked surprising her. But her Grandmother always had a gift for knowing things. Reading the signs she called it. But this time it seemed Marian had been blabbing her mouth about everything that happened at the diner last night.