Part 22: Big Brother

The ground was cool underneath his paws. The moon above sung a lovers chant at him, a beautiful halo of red around it's natural glow. The sky was filled with a thousand tiny diamonds that dared him to leap for them, to touch their light. The gentle breezed whisked threw his bright blonde fur.

He ran in full long strides across the country fields. His legs were strong and pounded the dirt hard, sounding like the beating of drums. Every leap was higher, every breath calm and deep. Dean was finally and truly free. Caleb was there with him. He wanted him to see the world through his eyes. A world that Dean had only dreamed of while locked away in the dark abyss of Caleb's mind.

Here, there was no darkness. Everything was clear and vivid, but cast in a film of red. These new eyes could see into the shadows, could hear a million heart beats in the distance. Rabbits, deer, squirrels, birds, possums, a small family of raccoon every heart beat.

Caleb marveled at this new world, he had no fear. He didn't feel like a monster. He felt whole. He knew Dean feared captivity, and Dean knew he feared being lost to the darkness. They shared no words or hatred for one another for the first time since Dean had awakened. They were one.

They weren't man, they weren't exactly wolf either. His paws were bigger than any natural wolf, the size of a catchers mitt, yet his arms and chest were beefy like that of a Gorilla. A long thick tail flickered behind him, the hair running down his spine to his tail was like the mane of a horse, shorter, but thick. He was beautiful beast, with hair that was bright and golden just like Caleb's. Dean in his true form was quite remarkable.

As he dashed through the trees, bats took to the sky, their eyes illuminated with a red glow. The cows in the field across from him had the same glow to their eyes. He could hear their heart beats and could focus in on each one. Prey.

The farm was dark and quiet. The cows all stood together quietly. Their smell filled his nostrils. Dean salivated, his teeth ached. His hunger was undeniable and growing stronger by the second. Hunching down in the tall grass he stalked his prey. Beef was officially on the menu.

* * * *

Ecstasy and pain. Every nerve ending in Caleb's body was alive. Every muscle ached. Yet he had the feeling of a man who needed sexual release. The pain was everywhere yet, nowhere. He felt horrible and amazing all at the same time. His muscled burned but his skin felt joy as the grass he laid on dance across his skin.

Stars shined over head. The ground was cool compared to his body, which was feverishly hot. Suddenly Caleb realized where he was. The tall metal wind mill above head belonged to his family. He was still at the farm.

He was naked, covered in blood with half of a cow carcass laying next to him. Frightened, he jerked trying to sit up. He didn't recognize his own legs, they were bent backwards at the knee and thick white fur was slowly being sucked into his skin throw his pores. In one quick motion his knees popped and snapped back into their original place, Caleb winced as the joints fused back. The pain was bad, it brought a tear to his eyes. But it was nowhere near as bad as before, for that he was thankful.

"Dean..."

The beast stirred reluctantly."Hmmm?"

"What did you do?" He said aloud, Caleb's eyes fixed on the dead cow laying next to him. It's rib cage split open, it's intestines splayed out in the grass, and organs missing.

"I was hungry." He answered plainly.

Caleb was covered in a thick layer of sticky blood, from the top of his nose, down his chin to the bottom of chest, a small trail still dripping above his navel. It was a horror scene.