Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"What the-"

You tumble to the ground and land on your back. Someone rammed into your stomach and sent you straight into the floor. You can't see their face in the darkness but they're on top of you and pinning you down.

"Get off!" you growl. You tuck your legs above you and kick them off you with all your force. They go flying back and you scramble back to your feet, racing down the hall as quick as you can with your injured leg. You make it a few more steps and start to wonder who that was when a hand grabs your ankle and you once again hit the ground. You faceplant and are dragged back by your leg. You're able to flip yourself onto your back but the darkness keeps you from seeing your attacker aside from a threatening outline.

"FLORA WHERE ARE YOU??!" The boys sound closer. The figure jumps on top of you and flails its arms at your face. You push back and try to hold it back from you.

"HELP!!" you scream at the top of your lungs. With fear and adrenaline rushing through you, you manage to channel your energy into lighting up your eyes and shining them onto the face of your attacker. You're met with a mangled, bleeding body connected to a disfigured face. Every inch of its skin is covered in bulging black veins that seem to be the source of the black sludge glistening and dripping from its mouth. You scream in shock and terror at the sight of the hideously deformed figure. While holding this thing at bay, you try to free up one hand to reach for your water bottle. You can't hold it with one arm and you can't do anything to help yourself except push the figure an arm's length away.

A foot suddenly slams into its side and sends it toppling off of you. Within the blue glow over the room you can see Thomas ramming into the attacker's side. You sit up and someone grabs you from behind and lifts you from under your arms.

"Come on, we need to leave." Newt says urgently as he pulls you to your feet.

"What is that thing?" your voice trembles. You and Newt start running, catching up with the others that were standing at the ready to run when you came back.

"Cranks, I think. But there's more of them." Newt pushes you in front of him and leads you towards the exit. Thomas comes barreling in after getting away from the creature, along with Minho who'd been helping him.

"Let's go! Fry, get the door." Thomas shouts between heavy breaths. Fry rushes forward through an open doorway and runs through the room towards the door to the outside. He starts fiddling with the handle and shoving the door with his shoulder but it won't budge.

"Shuck! It won't open!" he exclaims while trying to catch his breath. The rest of you catch up to him, running into the room and shutting the door behind you. Thomas runs up and slams into the door but it doesn't move. He and Fry continue to attempt to pry the door open while Winston holds the other door shut.

The inhuman wails and screams of the horrid creatures approach from the way you came. You look frantically back and forth from Winston straining to hold the door closed against the creatures banging relentlessly behind him, and Thomas and Fry kicking at the exit.

Without thinking, you pour water into your hand and take a step back.

"Guys, move!" you say sternly and raise your arm, steadying your elbow back. As the water forms a bar going across your lower arm, Thomas and Fry step out of the way. Your eyes are the only source of light in the room. You pull back your raised fist and sharply thrust it forward. With that punch, the water flies like a bullet straight into the lock and breaks it open with a loud crack. Minho pulls the door open and rushes through with Fry and Aris close behind. You whip around to see Winston still fighting to keep the other door closed. A veiny hand has forced its way through and is clawing at his skin. You reach out and grab his hand and push him behind you before you send another stream of water soaring through the air and into the door so hard that it jams shut, cutting the intruding hand clean off..