Chapter 11

(Happy Saint Patrick's Day!! I'm not even a little bit Irish but still for anyone who celebrates, enjoy your holiday!

Also I made a cool playlist to go along with this story, so maybe you can listen to it while you read if you want :)

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3CGeLVSqT6WsvlFEqk8RkA   or just search Opia it might come up)

Chapter 11

You start to drift to sleep on the floor of the helicopter, the sound of the beating propeller like a lullaby. Millions of thoughts fly around your unconscious mind. Newt's face when you stopped him from talking to you before the fight. You could feel that he was going to say some sort of goodbye, but you just know you would've let your feelings slip. You just couldn't do that to yourself. Now it seems selfish. You can only hope he made it out okay. You don't know how you'll go on if he didn't. You pray that all of your friends made it out alive. But then you remember Chuck. The image of his lifeless face haunts you. You could see that he was shot and you swear to yourself that you'll find out who killed him and get your vengeance. Eventually, your mind goes blank and you soon open your eyes and find that you're in a white room with people shuffling around you. You squint up at the ceiling where an air vent looms above you. Your eyes dart back and forth between the people on either side of you bandaging cuts and bruises dotted around your body.

"She's awake." one of them says to the others. You blink in the bright fluorescent lights that shine harshly on your eyes.

"W-what's going on?" You mumble.

"It's alright. We rescued you from Wicked. We're just making sure you don't have any serious injuries. We stabilized those stitches on your shoulder." One of the doctors explains. Everything comes flooding back to your memory.

"What about my friends? Did you get them too? Where are they?" You frantically try to sit up.

"Hey, just take it easy. Go on and lie down." one of the doctors grabs your shoulders and slowly pushes you back on the table.

"No, please! The boys from the maze, are they okay?" you grab onto the doctor's arm. He tries to pull away but your panicked grip is strong and you don't let go.

"You're going to have to let me go, Flora." he says.

"How do you know my name? Did I tell you? Did my friends tell you? Are they here?" you cling tighter to the doctor's arm and spew questions as your heart rate picks up.

"A little help over here?" he huffs. Two nurses rush over and try to pull your hand off his arm but you don't let them.

"You have to tell me where my friends are! Please!" you beg and start to cry. You yank the doctor down and latch onto his shoulder, pleading with him to let you see your friends. Several people are shouting and hurrying to help the doctor. You feel a sudden prick in your arm and gasp, your head falling back onto the table and your vision slowly fading out. You swear you see a face peering down at you in the ceiling vent before your world goes black.

When you open your eyes, you're still lying on the medical table but there's no one else there. All the lights are off and you can't see anything. You stand up and start to feel around the room for a way out. But you're not getting anywhere without being able to see, so you scale the walls for a light switch. It seems like there isn't one so you think for a moment about what to do.

"Psst!" a voice comes from somewhere in the room.

"Hello?" you stand still and try your best to see through the darkness.