Chapter 7

(This is one my favorite chapters please enjoy <3)

Chapter 7

You walk quickly at first, but start to pick up into a slight jog.

"I didn't finish my lunch!" Newt says and looks back at the kitchen as you continue to pull him along.

"Too bad!" You snicker and adjust your grip on him so you're holding his hand. You pick up your pace and start running into the woods. Finally you reach the stream and stop abruptly beside it. Panting, Newt comes to stand at your side. You stare down into the water, admiring the rippling reflection of the two of you.

"Well?" Newt says anxiously.

"Have some patience." You say smugly and fold your arms.

"Come on, Flora." He giggles and puts an arm around your shoulders. You look away dramatically. Newt squeezes your shoulder. You turn your focus to the water. Your eyes glow blue and the water starts to gather up. It rises in a clean spiral out of the stream. Newt stares at it in disbelief and looks over at you, only to see you maintaining a serious stare. He sees your eyes and is once again entranced. He moves his face a little to try and see your eyes better. You see this from the corner of your eye. A mischievous part of you causes you to lift one hand and flick it to the side, sending the spiral of water flying straight into Newt. You back up just in time and avoid the splash, unable to control your laughter. You double over and laugh hysterically while Newt stands soaked and in shock.

"You bloody, shank!" He laughs and shakes the water from his hair. You cover your mouth with your hand and muffle your continuous laughter.

"I'm sorry! I had to!" You manage to say between giggles.

"Really? Did you? Well, I might just have to do this!" Newt holds his arms open and starts to run toward you.

"No!" You shout and turn to run. You don't get very far before you feel him hug you from behind. He makes a point of squeezing you with his soaked sleeves as you make a pathetic attempt of wriggling free.

"You shank!" You laugh again. You reach back your arm and elbow him in the gut. He topples backwards into the ground, taking you with him. You hit the ground and land in a bunch of loose dirt, which gets all over your clothes and arms.

"Didn't think that one through, did you?" Newt asks, his arms still wrapped around you. You roll your eyes and push his arms off you and sit up. You try to brush some of the dirt off your arms and accidentally brush too hard over your left forearm, where the marks from Gally are still healing. You wince and check to make sure you didn't open any of the cuts.

Newt sits up beside you. He looks down at your arm sympathetically.

"So yesterday," He says quietly. "In the dining hall. What really happened?"

You fold your arms and bring your knees up.

"I had some kind of a panic attack. Like I said, my power scares me. I freaked out because I had this dream..." you trail off and look down. "I dreamt that I was banished because of it."

"You know they'd never do that." Newt says reassuringly.

"Do I? Has anything like this happened before? We have no idea how they'd react."

"That's true. But I promise I won't tell anyone."

You suddenly remember something from yesterday that didn't make sense.

"When Gally was talking to you yesterday, before I stepped in I heard him saying something about you keeping things from him. What was he talking about?"