Chapter 13

Moving with the flow
The next few days went by quick. I studied for a few hours at night, in my room. During the day, I preferred studying in the lawn, which was astonishingly enormous. Despite the fact that many students admired studying in the lawn, I still found an empty spot, peaceful enough to read. But that's just the universal law of empty spots. They are always ample.
_______________

Saturday night
On Saturday night, Tyrese asked me if I wanted to go to a party. Gale's friend was throwing a party and Tyrese was quite jazzed about it. He wanted me to come. I agreed because I didn't want to reject Tyrese's invitation. We were already in a nice and amiable relationship, and tearing it wasn't judicious. The party was actually in a bar, which was at a walking distance from the university. The bar reeked. The stench of beer and wine wanted me to elude. But I didn't want to last a bad impression on Tyrese. Therefore, I reluctantly contrived, spending a few hours at the party.

I walked to the corner of the bar, where the vile music was feeble, along the revolting stench of the beer. I really wanted to abscond. But Gale came out of nowhere and patted me on my shoulder. It felt much more like a forceful punch.
"Glad you made it", he said and smirked. A girl was wrapped in his arms. I could tell by the look on his face that he was drunk.
"This is ammo", he said, lazily, to the girl. She waved at me and said hi in her mouth. I wondered what fragment of Gale mesmerized that girl. She looked innocent. But who knew? I managed to escape from Gale. I was in pursuit of Tyrese, who was nowhere to be seen. I contemplated whether I should leave or not. Resultantly, I ended up running out of the bar.

I made my way back to the University. When I reached the hallway, I saw a girl opening her door. She was opening the door right next to ours. For a moment, I thought she was opening our door. The veins of her hands were quite conspicuous through her alabaster and white skin. Her eyes were focused to the door, which wasn't opening, while my eyes were focused on her. I couldn't stop. She was gorgeous.
"Um-can I help?" I asked, hesitantly. She looked up at me. Her eyes, blue. There was the slightest darkness around her eyes. Probably from reading, I contemplated. Her golden hair was cut short, but still below her shoulders. The moment her eyes met mines, I really felt something. It felt like a stopped clock began to tick again. It was nothing profound, but at least something. Isn't that feeling only supposed to exist when I'm with Sophia? I thought.
"Yes please", she said and handed me the keys, which I scrupulously took from her white and smooth hands. I had been paying too much attention to her, almost superfluously. The door easily opened. And I wondered why it didn't open beforehand.
"Thank you so much", she said and looked at me. I nodded.
"Are you new here?" she asked, stretching the conversation.
"Yeah I um-just arrived last week. Rooms right over there", I said and pointed at our room, which was right next to hers.
"Oh wow! So we're technically neighbors", she said, voice brimful of enthusiasm.
"Amir, by the ways", I said and stretched my sweaty hand out. Just friends, I thought. We can be friends, I explained to myself.

"Cindy", she said and shook my hand.

Her hands were soft. Actually, her hands were very soft, to an extent that I didn't want to leave them.
"So we'll be meeting quite often, Amir", she said, to which I nodded. I freed myself from her by saying goodnight and rushed towards my room.

I opened my door. It opened easily. I took a glance at the hallway, and to my surprise, Cindy was still standing there, looking at me. I smiled and entered the room. I threw myself on my bed. But I kept thinking about Cindy. Recalling, she was gorgeous. Her lips were full of pink. And there was just something about her voice which I oddly found mesmerizing. It was the confidence. Or probably the way she smiled.