Chapter 15

It took us plus minus forty five minutes to drop Tyrese at the subway. He seemed pretty vexed, the fact that I wasn't going to accompany. But I told him that I couldn't bear a day off. He understood that point, for he knew the consequences of taking days off. He packed his bag early in the morning. Like me, he didn't know what to put in his bag. He stuffed it with whatever fronted his eyes. And I reckon that he took a few things of mine with him. But there is no such thing as a loss, even minor, in a major friendship. His bag looked like it would detonate at any time.
_______________

The Advent
Cindy and I were alone in the car, headed toward the university. I had to take the first lecture. There was much to cover and the students vied to upgrade their marks, which made things more complex and complicated. Mr. Darcy Turner, a really old man, was our English professor. Despite the fact that he was somewhere in his seventies, his voice was thunder and agility, remarkable. But he coughed a lot in class, and took a sip of water after every thirty seconds. Tyrese actually made a bet with a friend of his that the old man would decease within six to nine months. And he had an abundant amount placed on it.

"What do you want to do now?" asked Cindy. I was completely lost in my own thoughts and forgot that I was in a car with Cindy.
"I don't know. Go back whence we came", I said, because didn't have any plans arranged in my mind. By the ways, the first lecture was extremely necessary.
"Weekends right in front. So I was just wondering if you would want to go for dinner", she said and looked at me. The road was deserted, only a few cars to be seen, and a handful of commuters.
"Sounds fine", I said and looked at the road.

The blank road on which two compelled ones had been traveling.
_____________

Dinner
I heard a knock on the door and I knew exactly that it was Cindy. I fumbled towards the door and opened it (It was Cindy, as I had expected).She was wearing a flamboyant dress. Pink with some aureate design embedded, which made spectacular contrast with her white skin.
"Wow", I said, captivated.
"How do I look?" she asked, as if she was unaware of the answer.
"I am taken aback", I said as I was mesmerized by her appearance. An alluring smile blazoned across her face and she looked more beautiful than ever. She performed an exiguous, yet noticeable twirl when she took a few steps deeper into the room, without hesitation. She was wearing pink flats to match her dress, and they were looking perfect underneath her dress. I never even thought that she would be extremely enticed about just a dinner.
"So do we leave?" she asked and took a critical look at my clothes.
"Just a minute", I said and ran towards my closet. I took out the same shirt which she had taken out of my closet the previous day and wore it abruptly, oblivious that she was standing right behind me. I felt her eyes on me. I turned back, hands on my buttons. Our eyes met. She was staring at my bare chest. She quickly changed direction. I saw her cheeks, converting from white to red. I had never had such feelings with Sophia, sexual feelings. And with Cindy, I had nothing but those feelings. And the feelings that I had with Sophia, not a single did I have with Cindy, at least not yet.
"Let's go", I said and we walked out of the room. I locked the door and slipped the keys into my pocket. I gently patted my pockets to make sure that I had my wallet in my pocket. My phone, however, was still in the room. But I let it stay because I really did nothing on it. Not even a single call.
Cindy took my arm and entwined it with hers. I let her do it. A small fire ignited in me and I wondered whether she also received the same feeling. Her bare shoulders touched my arm.
"Take the wheel", she said and opened the door for me.
"So where do we go", I asked, bringing the engine to life.
"I'll tell you", she said and I took the car out if the parking in a jiffy. I followed her instructions scrupulously and parked the car in front of a jazzing hotel. Cindy stepped out of the car, and me, behind her. She took my hand and walked into the hotel. A feeble sound was refreshing the atmosphere of the hotel, along with the chattering of the very few people. Mostly couples, but no one as young as us. I pulled a chair out for Cindy and she sat carefully, keeping her dress neat. We ordered a famous Mexican dip with crunchy tortillas and a nice and refreshing drink.