I don't want her answering for my deeds. She will be overwhelmed with all the attention.

I only answered dad's call telling him what really conspired. He cursed the Thatcher bastard, determined to break all little contracts with him.

In his words, 'How dare he pull my son in his ugly plans!? I will sue that man!'

Nonna was exasperated too, 'The hell my grandson would marry that piece of shit!! Eric if you even dare think of that shit, I will myself come and strangle you!!'

Well, mom was busy trying to calm them down.
But not to forget I got special appreciation for the media stunt. They said, 'That's the spirit of an Ashton!', 'i am proud of you my son!'

So in all I got approval from everyone. Except her...who I need the most.

*

"The decoration is fine...you just check on the food once!", David instructed the planner and came in my direction.

He sat down beside me, "Stop sulking man! You seem like you will cry any second!", He said with a chuckle.

"Will you mind if I do?!"

"No I won't. But make sure to not drop your drool and tears on my Armani suit! It costs alot!", Amused I look away in the direction she was.

She was getting the table setup ready. The engagement is tomorrow. David didn't want to miss out on anything. He already had a informal engagement with just the two of them. But he wants to give a formal party where he would announce it in front of everyone.

My parents and nonna are also coming tonight. The best of business associates from all over our business would be here...he wants a grand wedding.

"What are we doing after this David?"

"Well, Erica has to choose her dress, and Venus will go with her. It's on us what we want to do now. May be have some men to men time in some bar? Will you?"

I scoffed, "And watch you dancing among those sweaty girls. I don't even drink David!"

But then an idea struck my mind, "Hey David! Do something and take Venus away...I want to have Erica all to myself. Then only she will talk to me."

He chuckled, "Okay what do I get in return?"

I tried to think of something, "I will pay for your next five online orders! Is that enough??"

He grinned, "That's more than enough my dear friend!", he stood up, "Now let me sweep my woman off her feet...."

I don't know what he did, but in half an hour I received a text...
"Go man! Your knight in shining armours has done his job! When you get my payment requests, you're gonna approve now!"

I chuckled happily and stood up to go to her.
"Uh...Erica!"

She acknowledged me, by halting whatever she was doing.
"I heard you have to select your dress...let's go and do it as Venus isn't coming back anytime soon."

They have informed her of their sudden plans. She stood up and took a look around. Once satisfied, she got her back and walked forward.

I was pouting and following her like a puppy. God! Why did I never realize this can be so damn difficult.

*

"Ma'am this dress is beautiful!", I glared at the salesboy as he complimented Erica. Can't he go and do something better?

I would have shown him his place, but Erica is already angry for god sake!

She smiled at him, "Thankyou...but I will prefer something more decent!"