14

Luke

There I stood, outside her apartment door while shaking nervously in the blank hallway. Why am I nervous again? There's no reason to he nervous at all, there's no reason to even be here at all. What am I doing? How is she able to think about what I said if I keep bothering her about it? What if I'm being too annoying that she already thought negatively?

Do I knock or do I run home?

As I bit down on my lip, my ringtone started to play. It startled me a bit, causing me to jump a little. It was the only loud thing and the only thing I could possibly hear in this dead hallway. Well, I guess there's no turning back now since she probably heard my phone. Dammit.

"Goddammit, Justin. What do you want?" I whispered into my phone as quietly as possible.

"Why are you acting like a bitch? I just wanted to ask you something," he paused. "don't you remember Cheyenne? Well, she's-"

"This can wait because I'm about to ask this really pretty girl something and I can't do it with you bothering me!"

"What? Since when does Angie let you speak to other woman?" He asked surprised.

"Since I broke up with her, now- just let me be for an hour, okay? Good, bye."

Hitting the end button, I took a deep breath and let my hand guide my knuckle to the door. Turn back lucas, turn back.

I didn't expect Calum to answer the door instead of Ivy. Now, I just find this really awkward. My best friend who told me to not go after Ivy answered Ivy's door which is the girl I like and now I'm just awkwardly standing there. Calum doesn't look too happy either, his arms are crossed and his jaw is clenched.

"You weren't going to come for Ivy right? You came to look for me, right?" He said in a menacing voice.

My mouth opened, but no words left it. So, I nodded hesitantly. "uh-huh."

"Good, might as well leave right? You don't have to speak to her so let's go then," Calum smiled evilly at me, but also angrily.

He knew exactly about the shit I've been doing lately. And he's just trying to make me regret it. I came here to talk to ivy, not Calum. I didn't even know he was here in the first place.

"Um, no.. I have to speak to Ivy actually.." I looked at my fiddling thumbs.

He looked offended. I don't blame him, but I do blame him for making me feel this way. First, he tells me that we would be good together. Then he says to don't even try on her? What am I supposed to do then? I'm not just going to sit here and watch everything go down around me.

Ivy's arms were crossed as I made my way towards her. Calum's eyes burning into my skull is not helping my nerves calm down. Hell, him being here isn't helping at all.

Silence, all you can hear. Nobody is talking, but I guess they're waiting for me to speak up. I don't exactly know what to say though, especially while Calum's here. I chewed down on my bottom lip, looking at the two of them watch me impatiently.

"So, I-"

"Luke, cut the crap. Either speak or leave Ivy," Calum threatened.

"But I was-"

"Calum, why are you being so rude all of sudden? Let the poor kid speak!" Ivy stood up for me.

"Ivy, he's not even trying to speak at the moment. Why do you even want him here and talking to you?"

"Actually-"

"Shut up, Luke!" They said in unison, making my eyes go wide.

Calum huffed and sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. Ivy rolled her eyes at the frustrated tan in front of her. My thumbs were playing with each other as I waited to speak or for them to being speaking again. I began to open my mouth, but Calum opened his instead.

"Do you even like white boys like him? All they do is jerk off and try to get in your pants!"

Oh, I'm consider a white boy now.

"HEY!"

"Calum, you honestly need to chill. You are getting so worked up and all I want is for you to be quiet or to leave. No in between." Ivy laid down the rules, watching Calum gape.

"I fucking was here before him! How does that make any sense?!" He started pulling at the roots of his hair.

I'm going to admit, this was a really stupid idea for coming here today. Maybe I should have spoke to her in school or something, yeah. That sounds like a better idea for all of us.

Awkwardly, my hand reached the back of my neck. I shrugged as they both looked at me with piercing eyes. My body was shifting on both of my legs.

I began, "so, maybe I'll just see you Monday or something.."

Calum wanted to say more to me, he wanted to blast me. But with Ivy there, he would never say those things that I know he wants to. I don't even know why he's overreacting, it's just a bunch of bullshit to me. He basically started all of this nonsense, and he's not even trying to fix it. He's making it worse.

-+-

I slid a note into the dull looking locker. I'm hoping this wasn't a terrible idea, maybe it's a good one. We all can just forget about this mess that has occurred. I let out a breath I have been holding in for a while as the note fell from my fingers. My eyes wandered around the hallway I was in and spotted Calum with Ivy. They were coming to her locker and I had to run, but I don't want her reading it with Calum. Calum just looks like he's pestering her about something, she just looks so annoyed.

Biting my lip, I made a run for it. While running without looking, I bumped into a short brunette. All her books fell to the ground, but when I noticed who it was, my eyes grew wide.

"You're not going to be a gentleman and pick up my books, Luke?" She smiled innocently, as if she was an angel.

"You have two arms," I sneered.

She bent down to pick up her textbooks and binders. The look on her face showed disgust and immaturity. It was soon replaced with a fake smile she always showed.

"Wow Luke, you're so funny.. I still can't believe you broke up with someone as gorgeous as me."

Rolling my eyes, I brushed past her to get away. But she held onto my forearm, dragging me back to where Se was. Her left eyebrow arched as she gave that disgusted look again.

"Maybe if you weren't so hung up and conceited on yourself, you'd actually would have a genuine smile." I mimicked her fake smile.

She gasped and turned on her heel away from me. She muttered profanities as she stomped away. Basically, another reason I didn't want to date her anymore. But she has a few tricks up her sleeves that I won't forget. It's all going to bite me in the butt in the end.

A/N

SO LIKE ITS BEEN A WHILE GUYS.. IM TERRIBLE AT UPDATING OKAY IM SORRY BUT THANKS FOR 5K IM SURPRISED ON WHY YOU READ MY CRAPPY STORY LIKE ITS TERRIBLE IN MY OPINION BECAUSE I HATE MY WORK. ANYWAYS, VOTE AND COMMENT AS USUAL

CHECK OUT MY FANFICS CAMERA SHY AND RESTRAINT :-) ENJOY TOUR NIGHT DAY WHATEVER AND

ILY MY LOVELIES X