05

Ivy

"Is that your natural hair?" Luke questioned curiously, focusing more on my hair than the work.

"No, it's a wig I made out of reptile skin," I sarcastically answered, opening the history book.

He rolled his eyes at my response and stuck his tongue out at me. He was being such a child, trying to distract me from tutoring him after I realised its teaching just like a teacher does in class. It's his fault for being so damn stupid and putting us in this shit.

"Have you ever eaten something expired?" he rested his head on his hands as his elbows sat on the table. His blue eyes stared at me, waiting for an answer.

"Now that I think of it," I placed my hand on my stomach. "I think that pudding I ate this morning was a few months over its expiration date."

"Ew, you're disgusting!"

"And you're a fucking moron," I flicked his forehead and he went back a bit. Soon, he came bouncing forward towards me.

"Can we play twenty questions?"

"No."

"How about if we get this done real quick?"

"Let me think about it," I tapped my chin. "No."

He groaned before shutting the books closed and sliding them to the other side of the table. I was slightly annoyed and irritated by this fucking seven year old.

I went to reach for a book, but Luke's hands immediately attached on to mine. This felt really awkward for me, but he wasn't getting the memo. I tried moving my hands further up, but he'd always bring them back. Soon, he just brought them closer to him. My phone was on close to him now, and it looked like he was about to drop it.

He noticed it and took one of his hands off of mine. He slipped my phone into his hand and began taking pictures of himself. He did weird and funny faces. Then he placed it back down and held onto my hands again.

I swear this idiot is so oblivious to everything. He still held my hands on the table. I coughed more than enough times, hoping he'd finally get it. But nope, he just sat there asking me more questions and fiddling with my fingers. Does anyone believe me when I say that he's secretly seven years old?

"Luke," I firmly caught his attention, the innocent and puppy face he had always made me feel bad for nothing. It annoyed me so much, I hate it. "You can ask me stuff after we get through this lesson.."

I regret saying that because soon enough, he grabbed the books back and eagerly whispered an 'okay'. Why, just why?

-+-

I tried so hard to get rid of Luke quickly, but this is the one time he decides to be early to leave. He shuffles everything together and runs after me as I open the library door. A groan erupted from me when his presence was near. Then a pout was expressed onto his facial expression.

"So, since we didn't have a lot of time for a lot of questions, we can do that now!" he eagerly said while jumping up and down as I walked away. He held onto my arm, telling me to jump with him. I glared at him, but he still jumped.

"What the fuck was in your breakfast? You're fucking hyper," I groaned, trying to shake him off me.

"I don't know, my mum doesn't know I ate the rest of her homemade cookies," he admitted, looking scared for a moment but then back to happy. "But she'll make more later if she doesn't tell at me. She doesn't like it when I eat almost the whole batch before school. She says that I get crazy and that everybody complains about-"