16

Luke

Surely, this was all just a misunderstanding. I'm totally delusional, just as everyone else when they see Ivy and Michael Clifford. Michael was playing tricks on my mind, and Calum would never approve of him to be Ivy's boyfriend. I mean I wouldn't, that's only because I want to be her boyfriend.

Anyways, they're obviously not dating. She's not Michael's type and he's not Ivy's type. What kind of sick prank is this? But why would she dye her hair for him then? He probably forced her to do it. He's probably forcing her to be his girlfriend. What if he's black mailing her?

I stopped walking when an unusual pair came into view in the canteen. Her purple hair and his blue hair angered me as they giggled and laughed. He was indeed tickling her. I don't know whether I should be happy to see her smile and hear her laugh, or be furious that he's touching her the way I could be doing.

My feet shuffled towards them, with no consent from me. I'm praying that this will end good, what am I even going to say? She hates me now, what do I say?

While approaching the table, they stopped talking and laughing at whatever. It was silent and uncomfortable was an understatement.

"Hey Ivy."

"Hi."

"Don't we have like.. y'know, tutoring?"

She furrowed her eyebrows together, not understanding my words.

"I thought we ended that since.. I don't know. I just thought we ended it," she informed me, taking a sip of Michael's chocolate milk on his tray.

Shaking my head, I held up the textbook in my hand. I obviously wasn't kidding when I thought we were still having tutoring sessions. We stopped for a while, but we never ended it completely. I don't understand why she would assume such a thing.

She waved me off, "I'll get one of Michael's smart friends.. they'll tutor you better than I can."

"No, Ivy. You don't understand, I can stand you."

Michael coughed, "Didn't seem like that by the note you left in her locker.."

Note? Are they really still on that matter? The note was taken the wrong way by her, and by Calum. Obviously, it caused her great distress. I didn't want her to be all upset and overthink it. What else was there to do? I said forget it and she obviously forgot it pretty quickly. It's pretty fucking stupid how she knows this is bothering me and how she knows that I'm confused by the two. She's trying to hurt me, I can tell. But I still don't fucking understand what the fuck I'm doing.

I ignored Michael's little comment by rolling my eyes and continuing to talk to Ivy. Why can't she see that I so desperately like her a lot? I mean, it must be pretty obvious by now. I broke up with my fucking girlfriend for her. Calum caught on quickly, even before I knew I had feelings for her.

"Come on Ivy, don't be like this.. Just tutor me for at least this lunch period. My history teacher still yells at me for not trying hard enough! You make me try at least a little bit more." I explained.

She sighed and held her chin with the palm of her hand, "It's funny because I remember when you were argue with me when I actually did try to tutor you."

"I was kidding, I joke around. Don't you know me Ivy?"

"You weren't joking around when the only thing you wanted to study was-"

"Stop being such a fucking bitch, Ivy!"

Silence. Nothing but silence, startling me from every direction. Eyes were also on us, me. Not only did the crowd have this mouth open, but also Ivy and Michael themselves. Man, I have to learn how to think before speaking. It's one adjective, one word. I don't think its that big of a deal.. But it's Ivy. Who calls the girl they like a lot a bitch?