13

Ivy (to even them out)
Here I am again, alone in my complex while dad is out drinking his guts out. He could also be working late nights at his job, but that's unlikely to happen. I've gotten so use to not having him home with me, it's quite scary. All I want is for him to spend time with me. But he chooses not to. I'm surprised he doesn't bring home any slutty chicks home when he's drinking, oh but I know that he goes over their houses.
I'm actually thankful for that, I don't want any skanks in this house while I'm home. And I don't want to take the risk of sleeping on a bed that people had sex on.

Sighing and taking a seat on the squishy sofa after hours of watching nothing, I decided to take a little nap. If only that happened and the door wasn't opened loudly. Well, dad was home earlier than usual. But I'm too tired and lazy to do anything.

"Dad, I'll order pizza later so we can eat something together," I yawned, stretching and pulling the tiny blanket over my arms.

"I'm not him, but I'll have some pizza," that familiar voice rang through my ears. "Get up, I'm bored."

I sat up on the sofa, rolling my eyes. "You can't just barge into my house all the time, Calum."

He shrugged and walked towards me. I shouldn't be frustrated, he does it too often. The couch dipped down when I pressed my back against it again. I felt Calum at the end of my feet, playing 'this little piggy' on my toes.

"You're definitely five years old," I muttered, looking at the blank television screen.

"Better to be young than old," he poked my leg.

I agree with that, I guess. To be a child, is to be carefree and do anything basically. Why do we have to grow up and live these lives as adults and adolescents?

My eyes shut lightly, seeing as nobody is speaking and I'm tired. I was about to doze off to sleep until Calum spoke.
He gulped and quietly started, "so um.. you and Luke, huh?"

I immediately sat up, my eyes locked on his. "What about me and Luke?"
"You guys aren't like, a thing, right?" He emphasised on 'thing' way too much.

I sighed while ripping the blanket off of me, stumbling to the kitchen. My mind needed some sort of food right now since I'm not able to sleep because company. But food will have to do in the meantime. I haven't had popcorn in a while.

"I still haven't even told him how I felt about him after he confessed to me," I began, popping the bag of kernels into the microwave. "I just wished he didn't tell me about how he felt."

Calum appeared in the kitchen, bewilderment in his face. He had many emotions actually. He had surprised, shocked, angry, who knows what else. He sat up on the kitchen counter as I did the same across from him. The only sound heard was the popping.

"Wait, so he said he liked you? And not just any like, he likes-likes you?" He ended the silence again. "Since when did he say this? And he decided not to tell me?"

"Could you blame him?" I handed Calum the bowl. "You're acting all weird over it."

He was aggravated. He groaned and clenched his fist for a few seconds. a Then he munched crazily onto the popcorn. I felt bad for the popcorn, he's destroying them with his life.
"I precisely told him-" he stopped, being disrupted by a phone ringing.
We looked at each other because we didn't know whose phone it was. We had the original Apple ringtone and didn't bother to change it on either phone. I was thinking that it was Calum's phone, but he was thinking the opposite.

He raced to my phone as I raced to his phone. He held up mine, but it wasn't ringing. I held up his, but it wasn't ringing either. He arched his eyebrow and nodded his heads towards the hollow wooden apartment door. There was small chatter outside of it, intriguing the both of us.

"You go check who it is."

"What? No, it's your house."

"You're the guest," I crossed my arms over my chest, seeing him sigh and roll his eyes.

He walked towards the door and look through the peephole instead of opening the door.

"Oh god, Ivy!" He whispered towards me. He came running towards me in the living room, pointing at the door but telling me to stay where I am. "It's- its Luke!! What if he has been listening to us talk about him!!"

"Calum, you need to chill. You're acting like a total girl," I chuckled. "Why the fuck is he here? Did you invite him to my house?"

Calum gasped, taken back by what I said. I don't even know how it could have offended him. I get the girl part, but I say it to him a lot.

"You think I invited him? I'm mad at him right now!" He expressed.

"You can't be mad at him! You have no reason to be! I should be the one mad at him," I fired.

"What?! That's pathetic to be-"

There was that knock on the door we were not expecting today.
A.N
What do I do when I have no life