CHAPTER 7

Crap, what do I do now? Do I fake dead? Act cool? What do I do?
         I stand up to face the friends of my mother starring at me in disguise. Crap, I'll just act cool around them. There's no way I can get out of this now.

"Hey guys what's up, ahaha...?" I said while I pretended like I was walking by and "accidentally" tripped.
"Miss Zheng, is this the daughter of yours that we were talking about?" The women with the scratchy voice said.
          "Apparently yes, sorry for the inconvenience today. I will totally punish her with the rule of the household." My mother said while starring at me.
          "Hey, don't wait yet to punish her! Look at that beautiful face that she have, you don't want to ruin it." She said it while coming over to examine my face.
          "Is your face okay?"
          "Oh, um...yeah, my face is fine," I said awkwardly while trying to move away.

          I'm totally going to get in big trouble today. I just hope that I don't get beat!

          "Miss Zheng, may I say my opinion? You shouldn't punish your daughter. May the punishment be her going to the election of the emperors concubine?"
          "Sorry for the inconvenience today as I already said before, but I think that Qin-Xue should be punished using the household rules or else who knows what's going to happen next." My mother said while having a very formal tone in her voice.

          And so, my mother greeted her friends out. And I am definitely going to get killed. I have to find a way out of this.

          "Mother?" I said to her while having a really cute voice and face.
          But apparently, this doesn't work for her. She death stared at me in the eye. Now that almost got me dead.

          "What have you heard? You better tell me the truth or else I can always wait until your father comes home."
          "Oh my god! No mother don't call father home (Apparently if he comes home, I will definitely get in a huge trouble)! I'll tell you all what I heard!"

*After the Story of the Conversation*

          "So do you want to be in the election?"
          "I don't know. I probably wouldn't understand what's going on. And don't even talk about getting picked (Why would I want to anyways)."
          "I understand. But I still want you to try it out. And don't try to get out of this either, it doesn't work with me. If you don't join, I can always tell your father to punish you for stalking."
          "No, don't tell father! I swear I'm going to get killed! I'll do whatever you ask me to do, just don't tell father!"
          "If so, you'll have to listen to what I tell you to do. And I will find some teachers today for you. You'll start tomorrow morning. So get ready."