CHAPTER 3

I  looked back before I walked in the house, but apparently that guard had left a long time ago; And all I see was the emptiness of the streets; Where it has nothing but fallen leaves and the sound of the wind.
          "*Sigh* whatever, I'll just go back inside..."
          As I walked down the hall, towards "my" bedroom, tears started to drop down my eyes and down to my jawline. I don't even know why, but apparently I just felt like it. It continued on as I walk in my bedroom, lay on the bed, stared at the ceiling. It felt like an eternity of nightmare. One's that started and never will stop.
          On for a while, as I cried, I wondered,
          "What if I could never go back? What if I died? What if nobody remembered me? How can I ever possibly go back? Why am I here? Just...why? Why is it me who is stuck here, and not somebody else?" Nothing made sense. And nothing will ever make sense.
          "If I couldn't go back, I'll force myself to. And if I wouldn't be able to do that, I'll force myself to live here, as a fake self, until I find a way to go back."
          And that night was quiet, filled with the sound of crickets singing, winds blowing, and my breath, that filled the air. And soon, I fell asleep.