Kim Jisoo was an eager-social climber, who would do anything to get a rich boyfriend and crawl out of the gutter that she was born in, but things never worked out for her. Mostly because she chose to lie and pretend that she was also full of money instead of being honest from the beginning. I always told her that she should stop doing that and put more trust in her good looks and sense of humor, but she refused to believe that those two could be enough to get her anywhere.

'' You should just give up on love already and focus on your studies. If you redo your highschool exams, I'm sure that you'd be able to get into a good college- ''

'' Who cares about studying and college? I'm twenty five years old and I'm still a virgin! '' I flinched when she suddenly raised her voice and forced myself to smile at the people that turned their heads in confusion at the sound of her screaming. Her face burned bright red when she noticed that they heard what she said, then she stood up and prepared to help me set up champagne glasses, cut lemons, fill buckets with ice and everything else that we needed for another night at Palace. The latest dance hits were playing on the speakers and her silver eyeshadow was sparkling under the bright disco lights.

What's the big deal about romance anyway?

'' Listen, Jisoo, I've been thinking- ''

'' We get it! '' she snapped and wiped her tear-stained cheeks in the sleeve of the black shirt that we had to wear for work. '' You think. You're smart. There's no need to rub it in my face. ''

'' No, that's not what I meant. '' I rolled my eyes, leaned against the bar and crossed my arms on my chest. '' You are more up to date with the gossip from my university than I am, so you should know about this... What do you think about the members of the Elite Club? ''

Jisoo loudly gasped and dropped one of the champagne glasses on the ground. Instead of instantly cleaning the broken glass, she turned towards me, put her hands on my shoulders and loudly exclaimed: '' Is that why you're single?! I mean, you aren't that bad looking, but I always thought that you didn't have a boyfriend because you were into something really weird! Not because you were secretly pining after one of the elite boys! ''

I sighed, pushed her hands off my shoulders and picked up the broom from the other side of the bar. I didn't bother denying Jisoo's accusations. They were completely wrong, but it would be useless to try and explain that to her. She was already floating in her fantasies about how much better life would be if I somehow scored one of the five main members of the Elite Club.

'' What do you know about Rowoon? ''

'' You're into the quiet but cute ones, huh? '' Jisoo asked, grinning from ear to ear and watching me clean the glass that she broke.

I let out another sigh, leaned against the broom and looked into her shining eyes. '' Why is someone like him part of the Elite Club? ''

'' Haven't you heard the story? ''

'' What story? ''

She shook her head and mumbled: '' It's a bit complicated to explain, but long story short... Let's just say that Rowoon is not exactly the quiet and kind boy that he seems to be. At least not always. But Jungkook is keeping him in check. ''

'' Jungkook? '' I blurted out and scoffed in amusement. '' On most days, Jungkook can't even keep himself in check. ''

'' You're right, '' a third voice suddenly joined our conversation.

You've got to be kidding me.

Jeon Jungkook was leaning against the bar and watching us with a mildly amused smirk on his face. Luckily for us, he seemed to be in a good mood that night, but I still didn't trust the strange gleam in his dark eyes. The top two buttons of his shirt were undone and an expensive silver chain was hanging around his neck and glimmering with the disco lights. Behind him were Vernon and Bambam, two other members of the elite club. They were in the middle of an argument, so they didn't seem to notice that Jisoo and I were talking about them, but Jungkook certainly did.