prologue

onto your frozen hands, 

I'll cast my burning heart

I'm not your typical adored and admired girl, but it's my destiny to become her one day

I'm not your typical adored and admired girl, but it's my destiny to become her one day. Until then, I have no choice but to settle for just being myself and stay cold.

I was impatiently waiting for my time to shine, first in middle school, then in high school and now in university, but nothing ever changed. All through my adolescence, I remained the same nobody, an ice queen with a resting bitch face, good grades and really low people skills that scared everyone who tried to become friends with me. I didn't want to give up on hope, but at this point, I already began to accept the fact that perhaps my time to stand in the spotlight would never come.

'' You're dead, Vernon! Dead! '' Jungkook's screaming was echoing through the hallways of the university and a curious crowd was watching him sitting on top of Hansol Vernon Chwe and repeatedly punching him in the face. No one knew why their argument suddenly got violent, but instead of doing something about it, they were either filming the wild scene with their smartphones or cheering for the boy that they wanted to win.

Jungkook's dark curls fell over his eyes, he delivered another punch at Vernon and blood splashed on the avenue of gold awards that were covering the shelves behind them. They were from all kinds of university competitions, but all for the first place and first place only. Our school took a lot of pride in our high academic results and they helped to distract the general public from the grim reality - most of the students here were problematic rich kids that had nowhere else to go. 

Why is everyone acting like this isn't a daily event? The elite club is always pulling weird stunts like these. I'd be more surprised if I saw them sitting in one of the lecture rooms and actually paying attention. 

What are Jungkook and Vernon even arguing about? Who has more money?

I scoffed, turned my back to the commotion and started walking away, only to bump directly into someone's rock hard chest. The impact made me stumble and I would've fallen, if it wasn't for the same guy putting his hand on my back and stopping me. My heart skipped a beat when I felt his touch, but I couldn't bring myself to look at him. Without raising my gaze, I bent down and tried to pick up the keys that I dropped earlier, but he grabbed them before I did.