4| time skip! fruit juice and my cute little bro~

HIMARI TAKEHAYA P.O.V:

I sat on my knees and took a deep breath, eyes focused ahead of me as multiple fruits ranging in sizes floated above my head. I patiently moved them about for countless minutes, exercising control with my airy element.

I was underneath an overgrown grove that spanned across a thicket of impressive trees, the only sounds I can hear were scattered bird noises and the whisper of rustling leaves. It was my daily morning practice and both of my parents in this world has yet to wake up. This peaceful spot I claimed my own was found behind the Takehaya Estate, only the old gardener and I frequent the gardens this early.

I promised Tadashi-kun to protect him with the best of my ability, so I took it upon myself to dedicate my time in strengthening my element and informing myself on important topics.

My parents supported my goal wholeheartedly, and did not fail in spending for my studies and other hobbies I needed to better myself. They were a relatively old couple that had me as an only child, but honestly I saw them more like grandparents than my actual parents. Back on Earth, even if they were always busy with work, my true parents are irreplaceable.

Konoa on the other hand, not so much. Tadashi-kun has me wrapped around his finger and I gladly let him! He's like an angel granted by Goddess Navarre and I have no shame in spoiling my cute little brother!

After the carriage incident, Tadashi-kun frequently visited me as much as he can. I was aware of his troubled home life, but he has yet to open up about his Cindarella like situation with his step-brothers and step-father.

My parents generally allowed me free reign with my own personal matters, so the both of us would improve our abilities together in my house. I would teach him academically and elementally then he'll unknowingly correct me in terms of common sense. It was a mutualistic partnership that worked well for the long run!

Not only am I able to enjoy hanging out with him, but I'm also giving him an extra stat boost so that he'll have a fighting chance in the future.

'Magian Lovers' is an evil hellscape and Mitsuhiro-kun is too pure for this world.

I wiped the sweat off my brow, slowly floating them higher, the numerous fruits I practiced with separated in huddled pairs. I cycled them in a pattern and set it at a moderate pace, rotating them without much thought.

Now, here comes the fun part!

I compressed tufts of air and formed them into sharp glades, sweeping them out with my hand, I aimed it to directly cut at the paired fruits simultaneously. The quick snap of juice fell from above me, but my dense air basin caught the liquid before it can wet the grass.

"Yes!"

I pumped my fist on the air and whooped in success. Practicing with fruits appeared to be silly at the start, but these senseless rounds of repetition finally bore fruit!

Air was mainly associated with supporting the user's physical attributes, like improving running speed or the strength of a kick. Every Element has their own pros and cons, and Air fell short when it came to physically manifesting wind outside of the body to control inanimate objects and the like.

Each Elemental Spirit is born with an innate nature, and Air is among the hardest to control. As if a majestic bird flew amongst vigorous winds, Air is naturally free spirited and difficult to cage in.

Discipline and patience is required in order to strengthen my element, and that means repeating boring practices over and over again. As tedious as it sounds, if I can exercise both close quarter combat and aerial combat, I will become a difficult enemy to deal with in the future.