9| gaining a new best friend!

HIMARI TAKEHAYA P.O.V

"Mari-kun, how are we going to deal with them?" Tadashi looked at me in concern, eyes wide with worry. "All of our classmates are talking about the same thing!"

I floated my notebooks back to my bag with the use of my air element, not really paying attention to what Tadashi was asking me. "What do you mean?"

"What do I mean?!" Tadashi repeated loudly, waving his hands around in disbelief. I recoiled from his sudden explosive movement.

"Himari-kun, listen," Tadashi hissed through gritted teeth. "They think we're easy prey! They're judging us by their first impression of our familiars—they're making fun of your black cat and my white rabbit!"

Tadashi continued to fume, ruffling his hair in frustration. "I can't believe they have the gall to demean our familiars like that. Labeling us as weak based on quick assumptions, insulting both you and m—"

"Tadashi-kun, there's no need to be offended." I sighed. "You shouldn't let it get to you, it'll pass eventual—"

"I am more than offended!" Tadashi let out a laugh, but it was far from a happy one. "They're not even trying to hide it! They don't care if we hear it, we're just inane topics for them to talk about to pass the time!"

As if to prove his point, Tadashi pointed at a laughing pair by the back. They were speaking loudly, not caring if the subject of their conversation overheard.

"-and the other one, he's a light elementalist, right? That's pretty cool to be honest."

"I beg to differ. When was the last time we needed a light elementalist? Like, five centuries ago? The capacity of his mana isn't much, especially since the guy we had summoned a defenseless little bunny rabbit. Just imagine how weak his element is, he probably can't even heal a paper cut!"

"Well, maybe he's weak... but he does look pretty good from the back. I wouldn't mind if I could—"

Okay, now he's biting of more than he can chew.

Before I could process what I was doing, I flicked a glade of sharply compressed air at the cheek of who said it, preventing him from completing his sentence. I watch as they both turn towards the source of the glade of air, while the guy I had injured slowly brought a hand up to hold his face.

He gaped at me with wide eyes as the wound I left gradually opened to reveal a smidgen of blood. It wasn't apparent to the naked eye, but the receiver would definitely feel the slight spike of pain. Just like a paper cut.

"Watch your mouth." I spat, glaring at them in irritation.

The both of them abruptly quit talking, they then looked at me like they were caught red-handed. The pair paused for a second and then whispered a few things to each other. I couldn't hear what they said, but they quickly scurried out of the classroom like mice without another word.

"...and you were telling me there was no need to get offended?" Tadashi smugly recounted, tilting his head to the side as if he was asking me to prove him wrong.

They were being irritating, so I couldn't help but warn them about finishing that disgusting sentence. Although, what I did was admittedly rash and impulsive.

I was already pushing it with what I did previously with both Yamato and Owens.

If Professor Lombard caught what I did to a fellow classmate, even if they were the one who instigated, I don't think I would have been punished with just a simple visit to the gardens.