10| quit horsing around!

HIMARI TAKEHAYA POV

"Professor Kyoshiro told me that I was to keep an eye on you?"

Disinterested green eyes looked down at me, making me fidget out of nervousness. I stood up to meet his gaze, pushing aside my nerves to properly answer his clarification.

"Yes, but in my case Professor Lombard told me my sanction was going to be overseen by you. Arakawa-san, right?"

The older student nodded, but his eyes were starting to stray from where I was. He obviously looked bored. I didn't fault him, because it was practically a chore to be forced to monitor an underclassman.

"I'm not going hold your hand the entire time, so don't misbehave. If you have any questions, I will be by the west of the gardens." Sera voiced out his evident disinterest, reminding me blandly.

I nodded my head, keeping it in mind. Got it. The guy needs his space. "Professor Lombard told me that I could ask you for your assistance in regards to the bushes-"

"Have you heard of the ease in which anyone can clip small patches of leaves? A tool called gardening shears that can do said chore? If you ask me about another idiotic subject, things will become needlessly irritating between the both of us." Sera glared at me, giving a deadpanned warning.

Can't a man just ask for some plant pruning advice? Isn't that the reason why he was assigned here in the first place? Why the hell is he acting like I was the one who was late in our meeting?!

As much as I wanted to tell him off for being a disrespectful brat, there's nothing I can do about how annoying this guy was.

Throwing aside the idea of beating around the bush (clearly this guy wouldn't appreciate lengthening the conversation), I asked bluntly to change the subject. "Why were you late? I was waiting here for more than what was written in my assigned sanction."

Sera scoffed. "Then skip? I don't see the problem. Anyone would have arrived to that simple solution."

I huffed out of annoyance. Skip, then do the punishment another day? Rich noblemen can do that, probably. Write the slip into completion saying they've done it and whatever, but I prefer doing things at my own pace.

"The problem is, that not everyone can just skip their sanction and call it a day. I need to clip those bushes properly and you're going to help me."

I glared at him, challenging him to a silent stare off despite my shorter and less intimidating height. Sera tilted his head to one side curiously, giving me an appraising look. It took a short moment, but he looked away, an indescribable expression on his face. Victorious, I settled for a little grin. Guess even ikemen couldn't handle dry eyes, huh?

"Do you know how stupid you look like right now?"

I spluttered, taken aback. Now he's calling me out on how stupid I look like? Coming from a sparkling ikemen that had everything he needed at his beck and call, that was a low blow.

"I'm just trying to finish my sanction, get it out of the way, then move on with my life! I didn't come here to get insulted and ignored by you! Why did Professor Kyoshiro give you the assignment when you clearly don't want to do it anyway?"

"It comes with the obligation, school duty and all that boring stuff." Sera admitted honestly, setting a languid pace towards me. "As the class representative from your fellow seniors, it is my duty to take care of my underclassmen." He clapped me in the shoulder, catching me off guard.

Confused, I shrugged aside the unexpected hand on my shoulder. Weird since we just met, but Sera must be a touchy feely kind of guy. He didn't look like it, but who am I to judge.