5| first day of the academy! pt.1

HIMARI TAKEHAYA P.O.V

My walk through Elysian Royal Academy only served to further convince me that the screenshots drawn in the otome game did a disservice to the actual magnitude of the entire school. Tadashi and I were amazed in how incredibly fancy, huge and magical everything was.

In addition to its enormity, what little I'd seen of the academy so far was not only ludicrously well-maintained but also ridiculously expensive looking.

For a guy that has never stepped foot in a plane and a country bumpkin, it was frankly overwhelming to see how much wealth and assets were put into an academy just for teenagers.

Although it was obviously sponsored by the parents of said entitled and second generation teenagers, it was still a sight to behold.

The walk from the overbearing entrance of the academy to where the opening ceremony will take place took a five full minutes to go through, during which time we went down countless branching hallways and past more closed doors than I could count.

At this time of the morning, the corridors were crowded with both freshmen and seniors alike, the bustle and clamor of students playing around or going to their assigned classes for the day.

Tadashi and I walked in silence, both of us observing everything that our eyes can see. We were too busy looking around to make small talk, as the excitement was evident in our faces.

There was a white and navy pattern that delicately swirled on the pristine walls that surrounded them, no visible cracks or scratches can be seen from where I was.

Astonishingly of all were the floor to ceiling windows that took up a lot of space, but did not make me feel suffocated even with how enormous it was. The window presented an extravagant show of the grounds that they have passed through, as the whole campus was as jaw-dropping as it is.

I was gawking at every little detail I can take in, like the floors that were made from actual marble tiles, not linoleum or some tacky plastic, but some seriously spotless and shiny marbeline floors!

An army of janitors must have worked really hard to polish this to a high sheen, as it was so clean that I can see my reflection stare open mouthed back before me.

"Oomph!"

I stumbled a little as a broad shoulder hit with mine, caught off guard with the sudden force since it was able to shake me out of my gaping.

I looked up at who I collided with, ready to apologize to out of polite habit. The stranger who bumped into to me had red hair as fiery as the morning sun, it was loosely tied in a braid behind him, swaying with his every action.

His tightly fitted uniform pronounced his broad shoulders and refined posture. Unlike his harsh countenance, his jade eyes were the color of fresh leaves.

Those mellow eyes gazed into mine momentarily, not giving me much of an impression. It held neither disdain nor arrogance, only indifference.

It was only a second as he looked away from me and left my sight, not giving me a word of acknowledgement.

Tadashi glared at his departing back and tsked in annoyance. "Wow, what happened to any of that nobleman etiquette? Can't even bother to give you a second of his time."

"That doesn't really apply when it comes to our seniors, Tadashi-kun. I also have a feeling that he's a son of some important guy we shouldn't mess with." I shrugged my shoulders and turned away from his leaving back. "It's okay to drop it, in the first place I wasn't looking at where I was going."