"What about you, Jen?" Lily asked, turning on her.

"Dunno," Jenna shrugged, pouring herself some orange juice. "Mum and Dad keep saying that me and James should join them in the Auror department; they've got high posts there, so I think it's easier for us to get in."

"Frank is going to become an Auror after he graduates this year," said Alice. "He told me there's a lot of studying and training after Hogwarts if you choose that as a future career; so many tests and stuff."

"Ugh..." Jenna groaned. "More studying... I'm not too sure about that, then."

"How about you, Al?" Lily asked her.

Alice turned slightly pink at that, looking down.

"Well?" Jenna urged her on. "Tell us."

"I — I was actually thinking of becoming an Auror too."

"What!?" the three girls exclaimed, looking bewildered, making Alice blush even more.

"I know," she grinned sheepishly. "But I think it's pretty exciting, don't you think?"

"Yeah, but with you-know-who and his followers out there... it's gonna be really dangerous, Al," said Marlene, looking highly concerned.

"I can handle danger," Alice nodded firmly.

"Well, I'm sure Frank can help you in that path, being there two years earlier than you," said Lily with a supportive smile.

"Well, what do you know," Marlene grinned. "Even Alice turned out to have some fire in her. Who would've thought?"

"At least she knows what she wants to do after Hogwarts," Lily sighed, "You're lucky. I have no idea what's awaiting me in the future."

***

Between her other three friends, Jenna was the last person called up to McGonagall's office for the career advice.

She knocked on the door and opened it after she'd heard a faint 'come in'. Gulping, Jenna walked inside, seeing Professor McGonagall sitting behind her desk with a pile of paperwork before her.

"Please take a seat, Potter," she gestured at a chair set in front of her deak and Jenna sat down uneasily.

"As you know," McGonagall started, looking through a file which seemed to hold Jenna's grades, "this session is set to discuss your career after Hogwarts and the N.E.W.T classes you ought to take for that. Now tell me, what careers do you have in mind?"

"Er..." Jenna started, clearing her throat. "My parents think that becoming an Auror would be the right path for me."

"Yes, yes," she nodded briskly. "Your brother said the same thing, although he seemed more sure to pursue it than you. That is what your parents want, but what about yourself? Anything else on your mind other than becoming an Auror?"

"Er... I just know that I don't want to be stuck at a permanent office," said Jenna, and then continued more firmly, "I can't stand the idea of doing paperwork all day."

"I thought you'd say that," said McGonagall. "Now to become an Auror, you need top grades at Defense Against the Dark Arts, Charms, and Transfigurations; which you seem to be doing great in all... you sure know how to handle a wand, Potter."

Jenna tried hard to hold back a snort at that.

Professor McGonagall then went on, "You also need improvement in potions, you're not too bad there, either, I see. But you need to get it to Outstanding," she said, looking again at her grades. "But with Herbology, Astronomy, and History..." she made a grim face, before shaking her head in disapproval.

Jenna was terrible at them all, and she knew it. So trying to distract McGonagall from looking down at her grades, she quickly said, "I've been thinking about becoming a professional Quidditch player."

"A Quidditch player?" At that, McGonagall's head shot up, raising a brow at her. "Well, you sure have the talent for it. It pays good if you're successful, of course. It's way different than an Auror, for sure; your grades hardly would matter then."

She then closed the files, continuing, "But with your practical talents in classes... are you quite sure that's the right path for you? Of course, this is all your choice and comes down to you. But I think I agree with your parents; Auror will suit you perfectly, Potter."

Jenna sighed. "I think I need more time to think about this, Professor."

"Well, you better hurry up," she said sternly. "The year will come to an end before you know it."