t w e n t y t h r e e

Start from the beginning

As we went outside and managed to enter the house, we were greeted with yelling.

"You can't do this to her!" I heard Jon's voice argue, he sounded furious and full of anger.

"Do you think I planned this? He called me an hour ago, she needs to deal with this part of her life now." Victor sounded angry as well.

Caleb's face darkened. "You should head into the kitchen, I go check out what's going on." He tried to sound relaxed, but his voice gave him away.

Together we entered the kitchen.

"D-do you want something to drink?" I stuttered. The loud voices and the angry yelling made me feel afraid. I even heard Caleb interfer into their discussion.

"It's fine, Lil. We are here with you." Anna noticed my discomfort.

"Yeah, maybe something went wrong at work and now they throw a tantrum." Megan sounded hopeful and I smiled at them.

"You're right, it can't be anything too bad." I laughed a little, trying to sound calm.

I gave them each a cup of water and heated up a pizza for lunch.

We ate it, the yelling still didn't end.

Victor stormed into the kitchen he looked mad, his hand went through his hair, but when he saw my friends he put on his usual pokerface.

"Lilith, we need to send your friends home." He pressed these words out.

I blinked at him, I wasn't able to process what he just said to me.

"Excuse me, sir?" Anna stood up. "We need to help Lilith get ready, today is her concert, remember?"

"She is right, when it is difficult for you to have us here today, we can all just get ready at my place." Megan nodded and stood up as well.

Victor's forehead wrinkled. "I don't think you understand me, you go home and Lilith will stay home. There is no need to get ready for that party."

"What do you mean?" I opened my mouth in shock.

"Don't listen to him, Lil!" Jon walked into the kitchen. "This idiot doesn't know what he is saying."

"How did you call me?" Victor growled out, he pushed Jon's shoulder making him stumble back.

"You heard me! Today is Lilith's big day! You may be the head of the family, but I won't let you do this to Lilith!"

While these two pushed each other and screamed things at each other, Caleb stood at the door step. He signalled my friends to come.

They followed him upstairs, I remained in my spot.

"Victor, Jonathan." I called out, my voice was quiet, but they heard me and stopped fighting right away.

Both gazed at me, Victor held Jon at his collar, ready to push him against a wall.

"What is going on?"

Victor put his chin up, he relaxed his fists and sighed. "You won't sing today. That is what I decided."

"You decided bullshit." Jon spat at him, before Victor shoved his hand to his mouth, he clenched down in his cheeks.

The same way he did it to me.

"One more word, Jon." He stopped. "And you will explain to our guest why you walk around with a black eye."

Jon pushed Victor away, he looked defeated, his face was full of hatred.

"Back to you Lilith, our important guest will arrive today and I need you all here to greet him. He is very thrilled to meet you." Victor talked and every word that left his mouth sounded crazy to me.

He didn't even look into my eyes, he only watched the wall behind me. His eyes were filled with sorrow.

"You are lieing. You all said you would come cheer me on today." I gasped out, staring at his face in disbelief.

"Well, not anymor-"

I got angry, I was furious.

He absolutely can't do this to me.

"I am going to sing today." I didn't walk away from him, no. I did some steps forward, watching his face carefully.

"Are you talking back to me?" He raised his voice, he finally spared me a glance. "I won't let you leave this house! You understand me! You won't sing today! You won't go to this damn party either!"

As he said the last sentences he looked away from me again.

"How come you can't say it to my face?" My voice sounded different, I sounded strong. "Look me in the eyes and say it! Say it, Victor!"

My fingers pushed against Victors belly, I wanted to punch him, but this was all I managed to do.

Without another word he grabbed me by my shoulders, his breath was heavy.

His eyes met mine, his fingers buried in my shoulders.

"You will not sing." The deep voice was sternly, but it sounded not like his usual dark voice.

He pushed me onto the floor, before leaving the room, leaving me behind.

I sat on the cold kitchen floor for some seconds, when Jon kneeled down to me.

He hugged me and his fingers run through my hair.

"You were so brave, dear." Jon's voice was shacking in fear. "It's going to be fine, okay?" Jon sighed in stress. "It is not Victor's fault, this bastard just called today and arrives soon. Victor wants to please him so bad. He doesn't even deserve his love."

"Who are you taking about?" I searched for a sign in Jon's eyes. Anything that explains to me why Victor acted this way.

Tears appeared in my eyes, how can I still love Victor, even though I want to hate him so bad.

"I explain everything to you after the party, now go up to your room and get ready. You will definitely sing today, I promise."

Guys, I wanted to say thank you! For all the support and love you gave me so far!

For everything, every read, every vote, every comment and every direct message. I really appreciate it.

Dont forget to vote and comment your opinion for this chapter!♡

Xx Mary