Father... Ch. 42

There is only one thing to fear.
To become a warrior without fear.

Himiko's pov.

I ran as fast as I could. My breath was heavy, feet pounding along the hot metal of the buildings. At some point today, I had lost my shoes... Both of them. The first person I see is Hisagi. I watch him fight one of King Barragan's fracciónes. My heart skips a beat.
"H-Hisagi?!" I yell, waving my hand in the air. His head whips around, staring at me with wide eyes.
"Himiko?" He says, avoiding an attack. "What are you doing here?!"
"I'm here to help, Sagi! Do you need any?!"
He shakes his head.
"Oh, okay! I'll watch you for a while, then! I want to see how strong you've become!" I yell, giving him a thumbs up.

He gives me a small nod, jumping head first down a building. I sit, watching the battle unfold.
"Come back here!!" Findorr yells, diving after him. I watch as Hisagi pull Kazeshini from behind the fracciónes.
"Unpredictable, isn't it." Hisagi says, swinging it over his head. "He whips around wildly... Afraid?"

I smile, knowing where this is going.
"Please!!" Findorr yells, charging at him.
"No?" Hisagi asks, preparing an attack. "Well, I am."
"Afraid?! Afraid your power is too great?!" Findorr yells. "How vain! You must have a guilty conscience, shinigami! But I'll relieve it! Right now!" He reaches up and breaks off most of his hollow mask. "It's over! With 90 percent of my mask removed, my powers are equal to those of a captains! You have no chance against me now!!"

Hisagi guys his arm in half, with one quick swing.
"So... You're not afraid of your own strength or your enemy's. Figures." Hisagi says, spinning his Zanpaku-tô. "Those who don't fear the blades they wield don't deserve to wield them. That's what I was taught."
Findorr runs, realizing what is about to happen.
"So now you're afraid. You're finally my equal." Hisagi says, throwing his blade. "All that talk about being equal to a captain... Give me a break."

A huge explosion goes off in the distance, drawing my attention.
"What the hell was that?!" I ask, running to Hisagi.
"The pillar collapsed!" He says, ace shocked. "One of us lost!? Who?!"
I freeze, feeling around for spiritual energies. "I-I think it was Ikkaku..."
"No... way..."

"Ikkaku!!" Yumichika screams, running towards him.
"Stop." Hisagi says, grabbing his collar. "What can you do against someone who defeated Madarame?"
"You think I care?!" Yumichika yells. "Let go of me!"
"Calm your ass down, ugly!" I yell, glaring at him. "Do you think no one else cares about Ikkaku?!"
Ikkaku's eyes widen when he sees me. "Himik-"
He drops on the ground, passed out.
"That's not the way a sixth seat speaks to a superior." Kira says, looking at Yumichika laying on the ground. "I know you're upset, but control yourself."
"What the hell was that!" I ask, nudging Yumichika face with my foot.
"Don't worry, Himiko. It was a Gaten."

The ground starts to shake and I look at Hisagi confused. "Tensô Kaiki (Regression Transfer) with one of the pillars destroyed, the real Karakura will start to come back!"
"This isn't the real Karakura?!" I ask, waving my arms like a maniac.
Hisagi shakes his head. "We can't put the humans in harms way."

The ground shakes again and I see Captain Komamura standing a the destroyed pillar.
"I think the halted the regression with Tetsuzaemon... Iba must have done something." I say, feeling the ground steady. "Let's get moving!"
Hisagi nods, picking Yumichika up from the ground.

We run along the air and a freeze, seeing something in the distance... It looked like a... Whale?
"What the hell is that?!" I ask, pointing at the Arrancar. "What a beautiful transfermation!'
Hisagi shakes his head, releasing a small laugh. "We need to keep moving, Himiko."

I nod, watching Komamura use Koku- Tengen Myô-Oh. (Divine retribution, black ropes of ruination) His huge blade slams onto the ground, causing the whole ground to tremble. I laugh, steading my feet. "Komamura was never one for mercy in the eye of an enemy."
"I'm sort of glad we didn't make it in time." Kira says, watching the mess.
"Yeah..." Hisagi agrees, standing still.
I nod, watching Komamura's attack fade away.

All of the sudden, more arrancar appear from the sky. They stand next to the soul reaper captains, preparing to fight.
"Attack!!" I hear Yamamoto yell, "Defend this ground with all your might! Even if your flesh is torn from your bones, the enemy must not enter! Do not allow them to set foot on soul society soil!"

"Damn... It makes me tense to be around Father whens he's like this..." I say, shivering. "But, I have to go. I'll see you guys later. Hisagi, Kira. Stay safe." I quickly hug Hisagi and smile at Kira.
"See you later, Himi." Hisagi says, letting me go. When I left, he turned to Kira. "What did she mean by father?" Kira shrugs, confused.

I flash step, appearing in front of Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto. I instantly drop to me kneels, hanging me head. I feel his eyes burning into my head.
"..." I tilt my head to meet his eyes. " I don't know what to tell you, Genryūsai... I have no excuses. No reasons for my actions."
"Tell me you're okay, little one." Shigekuni says, eyes soft. "I was already briefed on your situation by Captain Hitsugaya. I expect a full report on Hueco Mundo when we return to Seireitei."
I let out a small laugh, smiling at him. "I am fully prepared to write it." I say, pulling myself to my feet. "And I'm okay too."
"You haven't had any sleep, Himiko. I can see the black around your eyes from here." Yamamoto says, shaking his head.
"I've been having a lot of dreams about my past." I say, hinting about my memories.
Yamamoto raises an eyebrow. "Your past? When you were younger?"
"When I was older." I say, frowning slightly.
"Ah..." He says, nodding. "I was told that there was a chance that you would recover your memories. We'll have to discuss this further. For now, are you prepared to fight?"
I nod firmly. "I am not as tired as I look. I will fight with just as much fire in my soul as you, Father. We will discuss this."
"I have no doubt, Himiko." He frowns, waving us hand. "Hisagi needs you. Show them what it means to carry the name Yamamoto. Use what I taught you."
"Hai!" I say, flash stepping away.

I appear in the air, catching Hisagi just before he hits the ground. I pull him close, hugging him to my chest.
"...Shhh..." I say, setting him on the ground. He was drenched in blood, gasping for air. "... Watch..."

I appear in front of Ayon, my blade was a storm of flames. I shoved it through his heart, leaving a huge hole. I stand back, shaking my head.
"Forcing the captain general to send his own daughter onto the battle field." I say, clicking my tongue. "You should be ashamed."
"H-Himiko!!" Kira yells from behind his barrier. His head drops, looking away. "I... I'm sorry."
"That." I say, frowning at him. "That is what's wrong. Don't apologise to me. Observe the enemy."

Ayon places a hand over the huge hole in his chest. He starts to mack small noises, turning into a loud scream.
"What?!" Kira asks. "He won't die... Even after that!?"
"Hmm.." I say, walking towards him. "I'll have to try something else then."
Ayon screams, launching himself at me. I stand still and appear behind him, touching his arm.
"I am sorry. You can't touch me. I can't allow Father to be disappointed." I say, watching Ayon scream in response. "A creature who's only thoughts are to kill.... That makes me sad."
"Ryûjin Jakka. (Flowing Blade young flame.)" I whisper, "Nadegiri. (Mow Down)"

I watch in silence as Ayon becomes cut in half, dropping to the ground. He start to scream on his way down, charging at me.
"You're making this worse for me..." I say, surroundings him with a huge flame. It burns him to a crisp and I glance at Kira. He stares at me with huge eyes.
"Kira, put up a strong force field." I say, "This isn't over yet."

Ayon's owners lunge at me from above. I stand still, sighing. "Attempting to fight me with only one arm... I can admire that." I say, pulling a hand get flame around them too. "For that, I will only singe you a little. But I can't forgive what you've done."

I watch their bodies drop to the ground. I keep my face neutral, serious. I look at Shigekuni watching me from the distance. Our eyes meet and he nods, once. I smile slightly and drop to my knees. I raise one hand in the air and reach into the sky.
"I hope you find peace, Arrancar." I whisper, closing my fist. "There is always something on the other side. Aizen was never the answer."

I stand up, taking in a deep breath.
"It's been a while since you've used that move, Alpha." Akemi says, breath warm against my face.
"I just remembered it. Father taught me years ago." I say, smiling. "I'm a little rusty. Just those couple of moves took a lot out of me."
"Try and tone it down a little. There is still a lot of enemies left." Akemi says, I feel his energy brush against me. "Feel free to ask for help from your pack. We are ready when you say the word."
"I will call on you when the time is right." I say, feeling Akemi disappear. "For now, let's find somebody to help."