Quincy?! Ch. 9

"Utterly unbelievable! Do you guys know what you've done?!" Mr. Kagine yells. "Look at this! This was broadcasted live-- nationally-- on a TV show shot in our town! Nationally! What do you have to say for yourself, Kurosaki? Well?!"
"He... does look a lot like... me..." Ichigo says.
Mr. Kagine grabs his collar. "It is you, you moron! Beyond a doubt!"
"It's my long lost twin brother. I never thought I'd see him again."
"You have a real contempt for teachers, don't you? Do you know how much shame you've brought on this school with your little televised stunt?!" Kagine yells.

"Mr. Kagine?" Tatsuki says. "Ichigo and Rukia were on TV, so I understand why they are being singled out, but why are Orihime and I here?!"
"You were with them, weren't you?"
"Coincidentally! We bumped into Rukia on our way there. We had nothing to do with this."
"Liar! I invited you and Orihime!" Keigo yells.
"Don't believe him. He's famously delusional." Tatsuki says, inching towards the door.
"Tatsuki, you're just trying to save your own butt." Ichigo glares.
"That's what happened! We're going back to class now! Let's go, Orihime" Tatsuki says, leaving with Orihime following silently.

"T-Then I'm going too!" Keigo says.
"Not you!" Mr. Kagine grabs his collar too.
"Why not?! I was just there with Ichigo!?"
"Because you were with Ichigo! You should have tried harder to stop him!"
"This is oppression! I demand humane treatment for students in this school!"
I laugh and glance at Rukia, watching her put on her "mask."
"I'm sorry... " Everyone freezes and looks at her. "This is all because... I wasn't strong enough to stop Ichigo. I was closest to him at the time... I even humiliated myself by screaming for him to stop, but... Ichigo wouldn't listen to me." Rukia says, wiping her eyes.
"Ahh! Don't cry, Miss Kuchiki!" Mr. Kagine says, turning his back. I look at the others with a smirk and we tip-toe to the window and climb out.
"Huh... Hey! Stop, you hooligans!!" Mr. Kagine yells after us.

Later that week

Ichigo and I race down the street and I turn into an ally, looking around.
"No hollow! Again?! What the heck is going on?!" I say, pulling out my pager.
"How many times has it been this week?! Is that stupid pager broken?!" Ichigo grumbles.
"I don't think so... I felt the hollow's pressure.." I say, looking over the pager.
"Give me a break! I've got finals this week!"
"So do I, smart one!"
"Well, it's your stupid pager that's broken!"
"I'm telling you, it's not broken!"
"Then what? Is there another shinigami around here who keeps beating the hollows before we get here?"
"Um... I don't think so. Shinigami have clearly defined territories." I say, rubbing my temples.

"Oh! It was scary! I was really, really scared! Thank you!" A spirit says, running at Ichigo.
"Then go thank whoever saved you!" Ichigo says, stomping him down. I grab his collar.
"You saw something scary? The there was a hollow here! Who defeated it and saved you? What did they look like?!" I ask, glaring.
The otaku spirit blushes, glancing away.
"I... I was scared so I had my eyes closed, and I really didn't see..." He stutters, Ichigo and I glare down at him. "S-S-S-Sorry! I don't know what for, but sorry! You can have my magic girl megalon figure! Please forgive me!"
Ichigo and I punch in in unison, breaking it in half.
"Megalon!!!" The spirit yells.
I sigh and pull out my blade. "All right, let's Konsô this--"
"Huh?! What's Konsô?! Are you going to stab me with that sword?!"

The next day
After finals

I sigh and close my pager.
Damn... Kisuke is never around when I need him... This is the fifth time I called! My pager goes off and I quickly rush to find Ichigo.

When I find him, I grab his arm and pul him with me.
"We need to talk!"
"H-Hey! Have you heard the rumors about us?!" Ichigo asks.
"No, but there's no time. It's a hollow."
"A hollow? There better be one for real this time!"
We rush past someone and I almost bump into him.
"Sorry!" I call back, turning the corner.
"If there isn't, you're gonna witness some serious panty-bunching!" Ichigo grumbles.
"Yeah, Yeah... Tell it to me walking!"

Once we get there, there was no hollow.
"After all that! No hollow! Again! That's twice a day!" Ichigo grumbles.
"Relax, just jump back into your skin..." I say, pulling his body to him.
"I've had it with these false alarms. You've got to do something!" He says, molding back into his body.
"I've been relaying on the orders sent to me on the Denrei Shinki and my own senses... I'll have to ask Kisuke."

"Good evening... Mr. Kurosaki, Miss Yamamoto." A boy in all white says, walking to us.
"Who are you?" Ichigo asks.
"He can see me?" I ask, still in my shinigami form.
"Mr. Kurosaki. You can see spirits, can't you?" He asks.
"Wha... What?! H-Ha! No! That's crazy talk..." Ichigo stumbles over his words.

"There's a hollow coming." The boys says, pointing.
I feel the pressure too, exactly where he was pointing.
"He's right!" I say, nodding at Ichigo.
"You can't even sense it yet... And you call yourself a shinigami?" The boys says, pulling out a bow. He fires an arrow and I feel the hollows energy disappear.
"..It's gone..." I whisper.
"Wh..Who are you?!" Ichigo asks.
"Uryū Ishida. A Quincy." He turns to face us. "And I hate soul reapers."

"What did you just say?" Ichigo asks, glaring.
"In other words, Ichigo Kurosaki... I'm saying... I... hate... you." Ishida says, drawing out each word.

Time skip!

I turn the corner and see Tessai holding Jinta up 10 feet into the air.
"What's going on, guys?! Having all the fun without me?" I ask, grinning at them.
"Oh, Miss Yamamoto. How can I help you?" Tessai asks, still holding Jinta.
"I'm just here to see Mr. Boss Man. Is he in?"
"Yes, go on in."

I walk through the doors and Kisuke grins at me.
"Ah! Himiko! What can I do for y-" I chuck my pager at him and glare.
"I called you a hundred times, and you never responded, or called me back! You call that costumer service?!"
Kisuke rubs his face, smiling guilty.
"Oh... Sorry. We've been very busy here lately. You must have called when we were out of the store."

"Hey, Himiko, where is the mean dude with the orangutan hair? Isn't he your boyfriend?" Jinta asks, looking around. "I can't stand that guy. He's snotty. I hoped you dumped him."
I laugh and pull Jinta close to me.
"Aww! Poor wittle Jinta! Don't be jealous! I'll give you some wove too!" I gush, fluffing his hair.
"Now, Now... What can I do you for, Himiko?" Kisuke asks, hitting me with his fan.
"Oh yeah!" I say, looking up from Jinta. "Ichigo is in trouble... That's why I'm here. There's something I'd like to ask."
"What is it?"
I sit down and rest my head on my hand. "You know what a Quincy is, right?"
"I haven't heard that word in a long time." Kisuke says, resting his chin on his fist.
"But you know of them?" I ask.
"Yes." Tessai says, walking in and sitting down next to us. "It brings back memories. Let's see... It's been two hundred years since I heard that word."
I nod, "They are believed to have all perished... But Ichigo and I ran into one the other day... I'm worried about what the Quincy may get Ichigo into..."
A burst of spiritual energy goes off in the distance and I glace at Kisuke. It quickly disappeared, but more pop up. One after another until I felt hollows all around the city. I frown and look out the window at the sky. It was folding in on itself.
"What's wrong with the sky? Some chaotic supernatural event?" I ask, looking at Kisuke.
He sighs and stands up, fixing his hat.

"Let's go gather Orihime and Chad. They may need us." Kisuke says, walking out the door. I quickly follow without a question.