"Why would I?" I grin at him. At least the guys are okay. They show some effort. They even want to meet dad.

"Thanks, sis. I think we bothered you enough for today. – Aiden says with a sad smile – Mom, let's go. Lia's got a lot to think about."

Anna sighs dejectedly, knowing he's right. "Very well then. I hope to see you soon, Amelia." This woman! She just doesn't learn!

Blake and I escort our guests out then settle in the living room. I lazily drop my head onto Blake's thighs, letting him rub my head soothingly. He knows how much I love it when he massages my scalp.

"That was a lot to take in." He murmurs quietly, running his skilled fingers through my hair.

"Yeah. I have a mother. And three older brothers. Who would've thought?" I chuckle forcefully.

"I like your brothers. They seem to care about you."

"They do. They told me that when they got the news about getting a little sister, they stuffed their room with stuff for me, like toys, dolls and whatnot." I smile at this.

"Really? I didn't peg Aiden for someone who plays with dolls." Blake jokes, making me laugh.

"You're right. Maybe Ashton, but not Aiden. He seems like the typical dark brooding bad boy, while Ashton is clearly a player." I giggle. I can already imagine that. My brothers are really handsome. They all have chestnut brown hair, like mine, brown eyes, also like mine, and they all are quite muscular. Aiden is well over 6 feet, probably around 6'3", and Ashton and Adrian are maybe two inches shorter, like 6'1" or something. I can see how attractive they all are, it's hard not to.

"What about Adrian, then?" Blake curiously asks. I can hear the playfulness in his voice as he tries to lighten up the mood.

"A geek?" I joke, getting an amused chuckle from my man.

"He definitely doesn't look like one." He smirks. He's right, though. Adrian sure doesn't look like a geek with his buzz cut, sharp jaw and bulging muscles. All three of my brothers must like working out.

Our little peaceful moment is disrupted by the doorbell. I growl in frustration. This better be good!

"Calm down, baby, it's just our lunch. I ordered while I was talking to Adrian earlier." Blake's words calm me down. I don't want any guests for a while. I have enough on my mind as it is.

Though I have to admit, knowing that those fucking roses and notes were from my mother and not him did ease my worries. Maybe now I'll be able to get some fucking sleep. Lately I couldn't even take a nap without having flashbacks of that nightmarish night.

"Chinese sounds good?" I get up from the couch when I hear Blake set the food in the kitchen. Oh, he's so sweet. He ordered from my favorite restaurant.

"Of course. What did you get?"

"Walnut prawns with veggies and almond chicken with two servings of fried rice, spring rolls and salad." Blake takes everything out, surprising me with the amount of food he got. But I know why he did it. He's trying to make me eat more. I haven't had a proper meal in a while, just some little sandwich every now and then when I was feeling really hungry. I could tell Blake was worried about how little I eat, but I just didn't have any appetite.

"You better finish this." Blake warns with a smirk. I know exactly what he'll do if I don't do as he says and I'm not sure I hate it.

"So strict." I grin, taking one of the containers.

"I have to be, cause my baby doesn't listen to me." I burst out laughing at this. I said the exact same thing to him once. He tried to go to sleep when we had to get ready for our trip to Chicago to my dad. I had to pretty much drag him out of bed.

"You dazed off again." I'm pulled back from my thoughts by Blake's lips on mine.

"Thanks, babe." I give him a peck then turn to the food in front of me while Blake sits across the island.

We eat in peace, exchanging jokes and stealing each other's food. I love it when we can just have a moment of peace and be free and playful. It's been a while since we could do that.

And I feel like it's my fault.

If Blake wasn't with me, a person with such fucked up past, he might have a normal life. During our whole relationship, there's always something happening. And it's always something connected to me. I feel like I'm dragging him down with me. He has to keep looking over his shoulder all the time, in fear that something from my past might suddenly reappear.

"Kitten, I don't like the look on your face. – Blake worriedly states once we're done eating – What's going through that head of yours?"

"I'm sorry, Blake."

I see his eyes widen before he quickly rounds the island to stand beside me, towering over me. He cups my face with his hands, staring imploringly into my watery eyes. "Kitten, what's going on?"

The worried look on his face releases the waterworks. I lunge at Blake, sobbing into his chest brokenly. "All I do is put you in danger! You have to endure so much just because you're with me. Every time something happens, it's because of me! But I can't let you go! I love you! I don't want to leave you! And I don't want you to leave me!" I pour everything out.

"Why are you saying it all of a sudden? I will never leave you!"

I press my face further into his shirt, wrapping my arms tightly around his waist. "You've been worrying about me for so long! You always have to worry about me because of my fucked up past! There's always something going on and I feel fucking powerless!"

"My silly kitten. Are you for real? – Blake pulls my head away from his chest, staring at me seriously – I worry about you because I love you. I knew about your past so I knew what to expect if it ever came back. I will always take care of you, Lia. I will never leave you just like you will never leave me. I won't allow it. So stop thinking about such things because no matter what happens, I will be right here with you. You're not alone, kitten. You'll never be alone." I feel like a weight got lifted off my chest with his words. How could I ever doubt him and myself?

I need to pull myself together. I can't be weak. "You're right. I'm sorry. I guess the lack of sleep is catching up to me." I lean my head on Blake's chest before he presses a firm kiss to the top of my head.

"You should get some real rest, kitten." He sighs sadly, stroking my hair.

"I know."

"Let's go to bed, hmm? We have the whole weekend to rest." He kisses my forehead and quickly picks me up, making me wrap my legs around his waist, then carries me to the bedroom.

I guess rest is in place.

Or else I'm really going to lose my mind.