"Okay, but why are you telling me this?"

I exhaled deeply as tears threatened to make their way down my cheeks.
"Because I received the rest of the belt and I know the UnSub."

~○~

"Guys, that's my best friend, Tammy. I didn't want to leave her alone so I hope it's okay that she's here."
I started to explain as I lay down the bag with the belt in it.

"Of course, it won't be a problem." Hotch nodded as I smiled slightly to thank him before swallowing as my eyes wandered to the screen with pictures of the crime scenes, all of the women looking a lot like me.

"Las Vegas, the last 2 weeks. 3 women, all found in their living room, strangled to death with a belt and with a hole on the back of their heads, postmortem. With their blood, our killer wrote the words: 'Failure' above the on the wall."
JJ looked at me, gave me a reassuring smile as I nodded and stood up, taking a deep breath, trying to prevent myself from shaking.

"Almost an hour ago, I received a brown leather belt, wherefor the end was missing." I took the remote with my shaky hand and clicked on the button to maximize the picture of the last crime scene.

"I'm pretty sure the end that's in the crime scene is-."
I interrupted myself as I cleared my throat, closing my eyes for a moment. "Is the end of the belt that the killer had delivered to me."

Spencer's eyes widened as he looked at me with furrowed brows "Wait, does that mean he was at your apartment or did he let someone else deliver it?"

I shook my head. "Sadly, he was there." I klicked the remote again, which now showed a photo of Ashton Chapman. "This is Ashton Chapman, a 19 years old kid who killed his older brother by accident."

Derek furrowed his eyebrows aswell, grasping at his chin. "But if he was at your door, how could you not recognize him if you knew him?"

Tamara got up and pressed her lips together in guilt. "It was my fault. She was brushing her teeth and I opened the door and let him go. I thought he was a nice kid. I couldn't even imagine that he-."
She stopped herself as her watery eyes travelled around the picture of the dead girls.

I exhaled as I nodded in Garcia's direction, signaling her to take Tamara our of the room.

"Oh, yeah." She muttered quickly as she stepped up to Tammy with her huge High Heels clicking every step of the way out.
My eyes followed my best friend and my new friend as they sat down at my desk, my heart sinking at the sight of Tammy crying.

"How do you know him?"

My head snapped to Gideon and I clicked the remote again, the screen showing pictures of another crime scene.
      "This was almost 3 weeks ago. Tate Chapman, 25, was hit by his younger brother, Ashton, and he fell against the edge of the table before dying. I was assigned to talk to him and decide what should happen to him."

I bit my lip as guilt wavered through my body, thinking about the three dead women.
"I talked to him and he seemed like he truly didn't want to do it. Ashton's father and Tate abused him when he was a kid and after his dad died, he came back for the funeral, visiting his brother along the way. Ashton told me that Tate tried it again, so his rage boiled up and he hit him. As he saw the blood on the floor, he immediately called 911 and tried to help his brother, but he didn't make it.

In our interview, Ashton seemed like he didn't even realized what he had done. The only thing he looked at were his hands. I didn't have the chance to talk to him again because before our next interview, I had to fly here to help you guys. I just brushed it off, sending the judge my report about him, saying that he didn't need to go to prison, but he should make one year of community service and have psychiatric sessions with a professional to help preventing him from liking the feeling of revenge and death."

I swallowed, clicking the remote again to show the crime scenes another time.
"I think that's why he writes 'Failure' on the wall."

Gideon nodded along, getting what I meant.
"He makes you responsible for this. He thinks you failed him and now he has to murder."

I blinked a few times, trying to prevent myself from crying as Hotch nodded and stood up.

"Wheels up in 30." 

~●~

Sooooooooo welcome to the start of my own killer!
I'm not sure if you guys will like it and if it's perfect the way it is or will be but I am not trained to catch serial killers so yeah

Hope you still like it!

Love u and please leave a comment and vote, maybe even share this story with your fellow cm lovers!❤❤