[EPILOGUE.]

I walked, chin high and confident, straight into Sarge's office. I decided against donning my tattered uniform, yet I still had my government issued weapon strapped to my hip. Kai followed behind me, his hands in his pockets and throwing winks at everyone we passed.

My commanding officer glared up at us as we entered his office and Kai kicked the door closed with his foot. I held his gaze as he stood, seemingly already mad.

I cut him off before he could say a word. "I'm resigning." I pulled off my gun holster and dropped it on the table before him and shrugged. "A better job opportunity has come up." A glance to Kai told him everything, who just finger gunned my commanding officer.

Sarge opened his mouth to speak but I held up a hand, not finished. "Even so, as part of the ninja now, I'd like to ask the police for a task force."

Kai slid up to my side, resting an elbow on my shoulder and I smirked. He took over explaining. "She's our newest, shiniest asset, Chief. She works harder than anyone else here ever did. So she's in good hands now. But, we're requesting a small team, three at the most, to be ready when called to assist both my team and her." He raised his eyes brows in a challenge and smiled when nothing came. "Sweet. Well, when you get those three figured out, send us their files and we will be in direct contact with them." I held back a laugh as he shot finger guns at Sarge agin.

"Oh and Sarge? I'd like Alexis Larsons to be on this task force. Thank you."

"Well I'd like to say that Ninjago can rest easy now at night, knowing I'm on the job." I crossed my arms and smirked to Kai, who held a hand to his chest, offended.

"Ouch." He breathed and shook his head with a smile.

"Well, whatever comes our way, we'll be ready."

I slipped my hand in his and he met my gaze with a smile. "You got that right. We'll face it together."

"Would we do it any other way?"