[FOUR.]

A prod in my side jolted me from my restless sleep, forcing me to curl away. I growled and swatted at whatever it was only to have my hand pushed away.

"Come on, sweetheart." A voice whispered before poking me again. "We've got things to do."

Sitting up, my brain awoke along with my sense and I recognized Kai, a frown sprawled across his face. He helped me up, favoring his leg, before throwing a red sweatshirt at me that he had been wearing a few days ago when he decided I was worth trusting. At least a little.

"Whats this for?" I questioned, a tad bit confused. A small smirk crossed his lips before he replied.

"We're going out. We need to get the ball rolling on this thing before the ninja catch up with us. Besides, you need to cover up your ratty uniform where we're going."

"They're still your team, Kai." I offered gently, sliding the sweatshirt over my head.

"Not right now, they're not." He tosses me my gun and holster with a wink. "Come on, shorty, I've got a plan."

Kai looped his arm through mine as we walked the streets of Ninjago City. His hair had been combed and his rugged clothes changed for a black tee and jeans he bought just after we left our old hole of a current living space.

"What are we doing?" I asked, casting him a glance as I tried to assist him with walking while also trying to look inconspicuous.

"The guys have most likely moved the Realm Crystal after someone stopped me the first time." He elbowed me gently and I narrowed my eyes. "They probably have information on where it is on the Bounty. Get in, get the information, get out. Simple."

"You say that like you have two good legs and I can see straight, much less shoot straight after you fire balled me." I grumbled and he shrugged.

"Don't worry too much about it Sweet. They are still all down for the count after... you know. Their guards will be down."

"I'm also not a ninja, I'm a detective." I protested as he pushed me down another street.

"Just follow my lead." Kai met my eyes and smiled with a wink before pulling me behind a building.

Peeking our heads around the corner, our eyes found the Bounty, nestled between a business building and a park, the space in between just barely big enough for the ship. "Poor parking space." I joked as Kai pointed to the closest part of the ship.

"Alright. Stay close to me and the security system shouldn't go off. This," he held out a flash drive, placing it in my hands, "is a rubber duck. Zane programmed it for a mission a while ago to steal information, but we never used it. Plug it into the computer in the bridge and it'll do the rest. Leave it in for a minute."

I nodded and he hobbled to the side of the ship surprisingly fast. Placing the duck in my pocket, I ran after him.

We crept slowly along, the slightest thing making me jump. Kai cast me a cruel glance to chill my nerves, one which I returned. My hand found my gun holstered to my hip under the hoodie and I took a deep breath in, willing my nerves to calm. Kai caught my eye and nodded his head to the side, and I nodded in response, understanding. I slid to the old on the right, peeking in. My eyes scanned the room before ducking quickly. I cast him a glance and shook my head before the door swung open.

I flinched as Kai slid into a close empty room and I was hidden behind the now open door. Slowly, I stood the slightest so I could see down the hall through the window. Jay, Master of Lightning walked down the hall, shuffling his feet. I waited til he turned the corner, unknowing of what was going on behind him, and slipped into the bridge. Kai followed suite and silently closed the door behind us.

"That was close." I breathed, plugging the duck into the computer board. A glance at Kai revealed him peeking through the window once more before calling it all clear.

"A little too close. If it was anyone else, we would have been caught sitting ducks."

My eyes found the giant screen above us, a loading bar popping up and showing the progress of the download of information.

"Will they be able to trace this and know we hacked their systems if we get out of here?"

"It should be fi-" The door slammed open, cutting him off. My eyes tore away from the screen, 50 seconds remaining, and pulled my gun to point it at the green ninja, whose eyes grew at least four times in size.

"Detective? What-" He looked from me to Kai to the screen and frowned, his expression growing grim. His hands lit up in green energy and I trailed my gun onto his chest.

40 seconds remaining.

"I'm so getting fired for this."

"Drawn and quartered, too, I'm sure, shorty."

"You're supposed to be helping him, detective! What do you think this is?"

"It's a little more complicated than you might think, Master Lloyd."

25 seconds remaining. 

Time slowed it seemed as the rest of the ninja team appeared behind the green ninja, each more confused by the last.

"Be ready time grab the duck."

15 seconds remaining.

"Stay where you are." Lloyd demanded of us, his voice stern and commanding.

Kai lit his hands and glared daggers at his teammate. "You don't understand, Lloyd. We're doing this, and no matter what you think, you can't stop us."

"Kai..." I warned as the ninja crept closer and I kept my gun barrel aimed on Lloyd. He met my eyes and nodded.

5 seconds remaining.

I shot wildly, flinging my gun upwards to aim at the ceiling.

3 seconds remaining.

Kai yelled and threw his fire down, enveloping the room in fire and smoke.

2 seconds remaining.

"Grab the duck!" He yelled at me.

1 second remaining.

I ran towards the computer as the ninja coughed and hacked, Lloyd and Jay trying to disperse the smoke.

Download complete.

I snatched the duck from the computer as Kai grabbed me and we jumped head first through the window.