[TWO.]

I clasped my hands in front of me, trying to hold my head high as the door swung open. "Good morning, Masters. I am Detective L/n." A deep breath in and I watched as they took in who I am.

Their teacher spoke first before the rest of them could. "It is very nice to meet you, Detective. I am Wu, and these are my pupils." Each said their name in turn and a few gave me a respectful nod.

"I have a few questions to ask all of you, if you'd like to sit." I motioned for the seats around the conference table with a smile. "I am very sorry for your loss, truly." I managed to mutter as they all took a seat. Jay, who was her boyfriend, gave me a choked smile. "Thank you." He murmured, voice raspy from constant tears. I understood his pain.

Pulling out a notepad to write things down when necessary, I began firing away with questions. "Three days ago, we received a tip coming from one of you that Borg tower may be under threat. Which of you called in to alert us?"

The green ninja, Lloyd, raised a sheepish hand. "That was me. Kai had said something off to me about getting the Realm Crystal. I called it into the police because I didn't want to put my team under any more stress and I believed you could handle it."

Ouch. With no reaction, I scribbled a few things down. "How has he been dealing? Kai, after the loss of Nya?" I asked gently.

"He's been angry. Angry all the time." Cole spoke up from his seat beside Lloyd.

"I think he blames us. I also believe he blames himself as well." Zane said in a monotone.

I nodded. My fingers absentmindedly clicked my pen as I thought. "I would like to personally handle this for you. I understand what it means to loose someone who is close to you and how much pain you are experiencing now. If you have any additional information later on or need me..." I scribbled on the edge of the paper and tore it off, handing it to Wu. "Please, please call me. I'm going to find him. I'm going to bring him home to you."

I found myself in the middle of the street late that night. I had searched. Searched everywhere I could think of where Kai could be hiding. A yawn blurred my vision and I shook myself awake. My eyes tried their best to close yet I forced myself onward. The city was quiet at 3 am, the occasional car whizzed by and dogs barked but no soul was on the streets. I threw my hands up in despair as my flash light flickered into nothing. A curse and I flung it down on the ground with a crash.

I slipped into a small alleyway by the faint light of the moon. My foot caught on something, and I went tumbling to the ground with a yelp.

Deep breath in. Out. I can do this.

"Don't. Move."

Red flickering light enveloped me as the voice spoke. My heart thundered in my chest and I dared to glance up to see Kai, bandages red tied on his gnarled leg.

"I don't want to hurt you. But I will."

"Why?" I breathed, exasperated. "You're a ninja, you don't hurt people."

"I do now." I heard his ragged breathing from my place on the ground on all fours.

"Why? Why are you doing this?"

"You would never understand." He growled in response, his breaths coming out quicker, voice harsher.

"You don't know that." I hissed at him, eyes narrowed.

"No! You don't!" Kai yelled, his flaming fists growing hotter and the flame larger. "No one understands. Don't pretend."

From my place, I squeezed my eyes shut. My legs and arms trembled under me. "But I do. I do know." Steeling my nerve, I pushed myself off the ground. "I understand, Kai."

I watched as his eyes grew confused and tormented. Relief flooded my frame as I saw a flicker of resentment in his eyes before he harsh again, throwing a hot ball of flames at me. Thrown back, I coughed the smoke from my lungs. My hair was singed and it felt as if my skin was peeling off.

"Stay down!" He yelled as I moved to sit up, kneeling.

"Trust me." I murmured, tears in my eyes. "I know Kai. Let me help you." Slowly, I lifted a charred hand to him, willing him to take it.

His resolve wavered for a moment as he stared at my hand. "It's my fault." Kai blubbered, breaking down into tears as well. "It's my fault she's dead."

I took a hesitant step forward, battling myself on what to say. "Trust me, Kai." I begged, my voice hoarse and ragged.

"It's my fault. I have to get her back."

"You can't. That's the worst about it. You can't. You have to move on."

"You don't know that." Kai took a step back, raising his chin.

"I do." My mind flashed with sirens and flashing red and blue lights. A shake of my head and I met his eyes. "You can get through this, Kai. Let me help you." I willed him to take my hand, I willed him to listen to me.

"Not like this. I'll get through this when my sister is back. I'm sorry." The world turned slow and sloshy as I watched him raise a foot to kick me and everything went black.

Pyromaniacs Anonymous: [Kai X Reader]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें