Overwhelming Price To Pay• Pt.3•

Começar do início

Feeling her eyes sting, she blinked a couple times trying to keep a composure, she didn't know she was starting to lose.

"It hurt watching him.." she drifted off, eyes glancing around the room that was currently blurring at the moment. It was getting harder to breathe, but she wanted to finish her side of the story before Kelly had any ideas.

Eyes returning back to Kelly's softened features, she continued,

"He'd always been alone and didn't know what it was like to have someone who cares. He couldn't understand why I..." she paused, catching her breath again. Feeling her eyes prick with tears, Kelly became blurry and any sign of her hating or having sympathy for the man was going to be unnoticed by the tears that filled her eyes.

"Why I love him...so" she bravely continued just barely keeping herself together," seeing him struggle with our relationship because of that, I offered a break. When he's ready, he'll come find me.."

Feeling the wall she had put up for the last two weeks start to crumble, she held herself. Ready to give until a pair of arms wrapped around her, pulling her into a warm hug. One of comfort while she closed her eyes wrapping her arms around her sister who held her close.

Letting a pair of tears escape, running down her cheeks, she stayed holding onto Kelly for a longing moment before feeling her withdraw, holding her in arms reach. Eyes meeting her sisters comforting ones. An encouraging smile touched her lips before she signed.

"Hey, it's going to be fine. Okay? He'll find you." Kelly assured, watching her sister give a brief smile while she wiped her tears away and gave a light nod.

Kelly didn't like seeing Connie cry. Connie was tough. Nothing really got to her personally unless it had to do with someone she cared for. She'd wished her sister would have told her sooner because since she hadn't all those feelings and emotions she had held inside for so long through the passing weeks had built into this. A couple tears and some heart ache and that definitely wasn't okay in her book.

••2:24p.m••

Daryl found himself sitting in the stable on a stool with his bike in front of him. Head down, he watched his fingers fiddling with the weathered black bandana in his hands. Around this time in the afternoon the bustle of the community was quiet. Many people had worked a long morning shift and it was about time for them to settle down and take some well deserved breaks. Some had been in the gardens all morning with sun kissed skin and some had been on runs or watched the walls all morning.

Keeping his mind away from other things the sound of footsteps nearing caught his attention when the sound of hay crunched beneath their steps. Looking up Daryl felt his stomach drop while he kept his eyes on the young woman who kept a neutral look on her face as she got closer.

"Hey.." He nodded at her, straightening himself up as he watched her stand next to his bike.

"You cleaning your bike?" Kelly asked, arms crossing and ignoring his greeting while giving his bike another glance.

"Yea.." eyes meeting once more, she nodded seeming questionable.

"You've been sitting here since this morning" She spoke," I saw you when I was on my way to help at the dining hall."

His eyes fell back to the bandanna in his hands when she had pointed out his wasted time alone. From the moment he saw her walking up to him he had a gut feeling. A feeling that she hadn't just come here for him, but for something else.