Chapter Seven

Milia

"Hey Newt, Scott and his friend Miles are going to join us for lunch. You okay with that?" I asked Newt through the phone.

"Yes, no problem."

"They are going to lift me, so I'll meet you there."

"Okay, bye." He hung up.

I lost my head in forming all the 'informal' questions I'm going to ask him. Every single bone in me is regretting that I invited him to the lunch. Not because I don't want to spend time with him or get to know him, but curiosity is killing the cat in me because I wanted to know if I didn't drift the conversation where he'd take me to.

Back to school days, I had this hobby of eyeing the hour hands. In those twenty minutes, I regained it.

"Let's go," I grabbed my bag and walked to the waiting seats where they were seated.

"You parked at the garage or in the street?" I asked before pressing the elevator button.

"At the street." Miles confirmed.

I stood as they were getting into a car. "What's wrong?" Miles asked as he stood near the driver seat door.

"Is that your car?"

"Don't worry honey, you'll get used to the awe." He grinned.

Honey. "I have no idea about what brand it is, but vintage stuff never fails to take my breath away."

"I'm offended." He placed his hand dramatically over his fit chest. Come on the t-shirt was tight fit.

"You can call it 67 Mustang."

"YOU FREAKS, it's so freaking hot in here..." Scott whined from inside the car.

"Mustang? Is that a nickname? Isn't it a type of horse?" I wonder why he'd call it that.

"Hilarious you are."

"I don't tend to be now!"

"Shit Milia, we'll have a lot of job to do!" He sighed. Well, he used bad language; my case is severe.

"What are you talking about?"

"Can you tell her whatever the fuck you are talking about inside of the damn car?" Scott let his torso out of the window.

"Language! Calm your ass down." Miles yelled at him.

"Seriously?" Scott looked at us above his sunglasses. "Are you showing your holy ass right now?"

"Let's go," I looked up to Miles. Scott opened his door, and bend his seat

I sat in the back seat and Miles started the car. "So, what job?" I asked Miles as he got out of the park.

"The AC people!" Scott yelled and Miles opened it, shooting him a look.

"The job I'll need to with you because you can't be on your way to be my friend and you don't know a thing about cars." He looked to me in the rare view mirror. From the depth of my soul, I wished that some universal power would remove the sunglasses covering his eyes, so I can admire them. I didn't mean that sunglasses didn't give him another type of sexiness or anything.

"Fine Mr. Speedy," I looked back at him in the mirror. The eyes, sunglasses contact in the mirror was a thing. Adding that the fact that he could see my eyes and I couldn't tickled my stomach. The blue of his t-shirt, and the jeans made a bluish contrast with the navy-blue car.

"Rule number one, speed isn't everything about cars." He held his right arm on the wheel and the sun rays were striking on his arm muscles. Thank God he couldn't see my gaze because he looked at the road. Maybe he saw me, I'll never know thanks to the sunglasses reflection. The thing about them that they weren't hulkish; they rhymed with the rest of his body. Smoothly flexing, he took the turn I directed him to, and he smirked.

__________________________________

Note: Another update brought to you by the weekend!

If you like it, vote and comment!

Send me covers to my e-mail
Salmaasherif7@gmail
and follow the book Instagram page!

Salma:)