Chapter 35

The following day, you had been harshly woken by Alastor.

The deer waltzed into your room and ripped open the curtains, red sunlight beamed in.

You groaned and threw the covers over your head, mumbling something inaudible.

"What was that, dear?" Alastor asked, smirking.

"I said, eat shit." You spoke louder, shutting your eyes tight to make it darker.

Right after you said that, the mattress had been tipped over, making you slid off the bed and onto the floor.

It was silent for a moment, neither of you talked or moved. Until you spoke in the tense air.

"Run."

Alastor bolted out the door with a huge smile on his face, he knew you were pissed but he liked this game. It amused him fully to see you in a fury.

You jumped on your feet and chased after the deer, in almost an animalistic way.

The Radio Demon held his microphone tight in his hands and turned a corner, passing Charlie and Angel Dust.

"Huh?" They both said as he ran, not long after you trailing in his direction.

You and Alastor made it to the library, where Vaggie was.

The Radio Demon dashed behind the seat Vaggie sat at, smiling crazily at you.

You growled and tried to get to the deer but he would just move around the chair.

"You know it's very rude for someone to wake a lady like that." You spat. Alastor laughed and shook his head. "Y/N, I'd hardly call you a lady."

You growled once again and swiped a claw to the man, him dodging by an inch.

At this point, Vaggie started to get irritated. She would have left by now but with you both going around in circles, she couldn't do that.

"And I'd hardly call you a gentlemen." You narrowed your eyes at the deer in front of you. "Much less a nice meal."

Alastor cocked his head to the side. "Oh? How naughty of you to think that~" He teased.

Your jaw dropped but you picked it back up. "Not like that you fucking asshat!" You yelled, a blush slightly coming over your face due to embarrassment.

The deer laughed hard, holding his stomach.

"Hah! Ho! You- Hah! You should see your face, deary!" He barely manage to say.

"What is happening over here?" A voice said at the entrance.

You and Alastor looked over to see Al standing in the doorway, with a confused expression on his face.

You opened your mouth to say something, probably a snide remark, but nothing came out.

He doesn't want to hear your voice.

You looked at the ground, the deer glanced to you before walking over to Al. Alastor wrapped a arm around the humans shoulders and chuckled. "Why, me and Y/N were just having a little fun! No harm done!"

"Tell that to my ears." Vaggie quickly got up, walking out of the once peaceful library.

You sighed and sat in the chair Vaggie sat in. Legs over the armrest, facing the males.

"Good morning, Y/N." Al smiled sheepishly at you. You stared at him dully and gave a nod.

The human clapped his hands together. "It was lovely talking with you both." He adjusted his glasses and walked away.

What does he even do? Wander around? Talk with the other staff members? Probably Husk then.

Alastor turned to you, seeing you let out a heavy breath you didn't know you were holding. You slouched over the comfy leather chair and groaned.

"Satan have mercy.." The deer breathed out and went over to you.

"Y/N?" Alastor looked down at you. "Are you alrigh-"

You glared at the male making him stop his question, if he dared to ask that.

"Mm, I should get up, I have things to do." You muttered to yourself.

The Radio Demon tilted his head at you. "What does The Heartless Huntress need to do?"

Once again, you glared at the annoying venison. "It's a secret," You hesitatingly got up, standing in front of Alastor. "And it's for the party."

Ah, the party. The party for the human. The party for  his human self.

The Radio Demon wondered what this supposed secret could be but before he could investigate further you were already walking out the door.

Mischievously, you looked over your shoulder to Alastor. With a hint of amusement in your eyes.

"I hope you like water."

—— 3 hours later ——

You tapped your finger on the bottom of your chin, looking at the murky liquid in front of you. It had red in it, maybe it was blood.

"It's disgusting, I know.." Charlie said beside you.

"It is." You agreed. The princess frowned, holding her hands together. "But I can make it work."

Charlie turned to you, confused. "What do you mean? Are you seriously going to try and clean this pool?" She asked.

You shrugged off your jacket, your tail falling out and swaying side to side. You placed your suit jacket on the pool chaise, which was somewhat clean.

While you rolled up your sleeves Charlie looked at you completely baffled. You were helping out with the hotel? Even if it's just the pool, it was still something that could credit the hotel in the end.

Snapping your fingers, a pile of pool cleaners and sponges appeared below you. You squatted down and grabbed a bottle.

"I was an assassin, which meant I had to adapt to different roles to get the job done. Fortunately, one of them happened to be a hotel worker." You turned to Charlie. "I got this, it should be done before the party."

The princess felt like crying. The small shimmer in your eyes made the room light up.

"T-thank you so much, Y/N." Charlie said. You waved your hand at her. "It's nothing, if you want me to do something else just ask."

The girl shook her head, denying your offer. Once again, she thanked you and headed for the exit but you tugged on the sleeve of her suit, making her face you.

"Hey, keep Al company for me, alright?" You gulped.

Charlie smiled at you, nodding lightly.

"Of course."