Meet Umber

:( no song

~~~

3rd Person POV

"Um... Qibli?"

QIbli looked up from his phone at the sound of his name. He closed his locker and turned around to see who'd spoken to him. It was a boy with a curly brown perm, who looked familiar. He was definitely in one of Qibli's classes.

"Hey." Qibli answered. "What's up?"

The boy fidgeted with his sleeve for a moment, before looking up at Qibli. "Oh. You look even taller up close." He said, even though Qibli wasn't that much taller than him.

Damn, this kid is awkward.

Qibli didn't really know how to answer to that, so he stayed silent, and hoped he wasn't frowning in confusion.

"Sorry." The boy said. "I've only ever seen you from across a classroom."

Qibli nodded. "Okay. Umber, right?"

Umber's face lit up. "You know my name?"

Qibli shrugged. "I'll admit I didn't at first, but it kinda just came to me."

Umber smiled shyly, his cheeks turning a light pink. "That's okay. Most people usually don't notice me."

Wonder why.

Qibli nodded slowly, silently praying that Umber would get on with whatever he'd come to talk about. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. Umber actually seemed to have forgotten about what he'd come to Qibli for, but thankfully, Qibli was saved from an eternity of awkward silence by Moon, who'd come running towards him, and judging by the fact that she had a book in her hand, she was probably headed for the library.

"Qibli!" She called as she came closer, jumping up and throwing her arms around his neck in a hug. "Guess who has a free block?"

Qibli grinned. "You?"

"Yes!" She answered before hopping back down to her feet. "I was in the library yesterday and I met this girl there, she's really sweet, and we found out that we had the same free block on Thursdays, so every Thursday, we're gonna go hang out together in the library."

"I wish I could find books that interesting." Qibli said.

Moon shook her head. "Don't." She reached up, lightly trailing her fingers down his cheek. "Then you'd be a boring bookworm like me instead of the funny Qibli we all know and love."

Qibli laughed. "Trust me when I say this: You're anything but boring, Moon."

"Um..." Umber started, making both Moon and Qibli jump like they'd forgotten he was there. "Sorry but is your friend's name Sora?" He asked nervously to Moon.

"Yeah," Moon answered politely. "She actually looks a lot like you."

Umber nodded. "She's my twin sister. She's a little shy when it comes to making friends, so I'm glad you get along." He said, sounding a little less nervous than before, but definitely a little more sulky.

Moon smiled. "She mentioned you. Umber? She said you had a free block too. Wanna join us in the library?"

Umber nodded. "Yeah, I'll catch up with you later." He said.

Moon turned to Qibli. "You're gonna be late for class if you don't hurry up."

"Relax, I have time." Qibli assured her.

"If you say so." Moon said. "I'm gonna go now. I'm pretty sure Sora's waiting for me."

She quickly placed a kiss on Qibli's cheek before waving goodbye to Umber and starting for the library.