seventh grade ii

7th grade part 2 yall promise its the last one lol🤍

~~~

It had been two weeks now since Turtle went to Pyrihha middle school. He didn't hate it, but only cause he had friends. If it was up to him, he wouldn't go to school at all. He would find another way to get an education that didn't involve sharing a building with loud, judgy teenagers every day. 

Who thought it would be a good idea to create  a space where someone like me could end up being forced to work with one of the football jocks in a group project? Did anyone actually think this through? Like were they thinking specifically of the world's losers when they invented school? Like 'lets create a space that's biased against dumb people and where the not-cool kids can get bullied every day. But let's make it mandatory so everyone has to go.' he sighed.

He was pulled out of his thoughts as he glanced at Kinkajou who was as usual sitting beside him.

She had her legs crossed tight and her foot was shaking like people with anxiety often did.

"Are you okay?" Turtle asked her when the teacher wasn't looking.

"Yup, I just have to go to the bathroom."

"Uhm, I think you can ask for a hall pass."

"No it's okay I can wait till the end of class."

Turtle looked at the clock. "We have thirty minutes left."

"I can hold it."

Turtle didn't know what to say, so he left it there. As soon as the bell rang, Kinkajou jumped out of her seat and ran out, not even bothering to take her stuff. Turtle quickly gathered their stuff and rushed out after her. He caught up to her at the lockers.

She went up to Qibli, who was talking to a girl who was doing a flirty giggle at something he'd said. Kinkajou didn't seem to care. She took him by the wrist and pulled him with her around the corner.

"We should get to class." Turtle jumped out of his skin when Winter spoke beside him.

Where the hell did he come from?!

They took Qibli and Kinkajou's stuff and headed to the science class.

A few minutes later, Kinkajou stormed into the class followed by Qibli who was walking in a much calmer manner.

Winter rolled his eyes. "Here we go again."

"So Qibli just told me that apparently women only make eighty cents for every dollar that a man makes in this country? So you guys could all work like one hour and I'd have to work like twenty hours just to make the same amount you guys made?! Like Excuse me?! I wanna talk to the president!"

Winter was focused on the smaller issue. "Where'd you pull those numbers out of?"

~~~

Turtle came into homeroom the next day to see Kinkajou frowning at her phone.

"Hey," he said as he sat beside her like usual.

"Can you believe Winter and Qibli aren't here?! Like literally who said Qibli could be sick on the same day Winter leaves for Slovakia?! Ugh, whatever. At least you're here."

Turtle found himself getting nervous at the thought of spending all day with Kinkajou. Alone.

He thought about it all morning, and he barely heard the bell ring telling them it was the end of second block. He picked up his stuff and got ready to leave when the teacher called him.