34

3RD PERSONS VIEW

"your majesty."

"how was your trip to your father's shop, minseok?"

"we met the lady there."

lady misun froze for a bit before smiling softly, looking at them from her seat, "how is she?"

"she seemed to have bought a book to read." joshua uttered, "about princess haera and the village girl."

"any information about her?" lady misun questioned.

"apparently, lady jaeyoung has been working for mrs kang since her childhood. she's adopted by mrs kang."

"adopted?" lady misun hums, "what orphanage?"

"lady jaeyoung wasn't from an orphanage. we searched and talked with the orphanages in town, no one had a single file about her."

lady misun tilts her head, her forehead creasing, "that's odd. how about the school?"

"the school says that lady jaeyoung is an average student at school. they say she's often found with jung miyeon."

"ahhh, the jung miyeon." lady misun nods slowly. "min jaeyoung... are there any min's around heflorescence?"

"i believe there are two families. we'll talk to them tomorrow."

lady misun sighed, "her date of birth?"

"december 21, 2001."

lady misun choked on her drink as she coughed violently, the maids rushing towards her for aid.

joshua and minseok stared in horror, "queen misun! are you okay?"

lady misun panted and nodded, "are you sure that's her birthdate?" she questioned, a horrified look plastered on his face.

the two looked at each other before nodding, "yes—"

"that's the day after the accident..."

.    .    .

"you've been in deep thought lately." donghyuck jokes as he entered jaehyun's room with ten.

jaehyun glances at them and stood up, "what are you doing here?" he questioned, clearing his throat.

ten shrugs and took a seat on jaehyun's bed, "we just want to hang out, what's wrong?"

jaehyun squints his eyes at them, placing both hands on the sides of his waist, "don't fool me, what are you really doing here?"

ten and donghyuck looked at each other before nodding, facing jaehyun at the same time as they exclaimed, "we heard something!"

jaehyun flinched at their loud voice and winced, touching his ear, "and i think i won't be able to hear anything anymore."

donghyuck flopped on the huge bed, "do you know something about the grand ball?"

jaehyun hums, "a little bit, why?"