17

MIN JAEYOUNG

"have you heard about it?"

"omg! they are really coming!"

"is everyone gonna come?"

"are they all gonna be present?"

"i just can't wait to see them at the game!"

"i know right? it's been awhile since we've last seen the princes!"

"ugh, they look so handsome!"

"i can't believe this!"

as soon as i stepped in our classroom, students kept buzzing and buzzing about some sort of news they had just found out. i, on the other hand, wasn't really interested much in school gossip.

however, i know someone who really does. as if on cue, miyeon walks in and started jumping up and down in front of me out of excitement. a big grin was plastered on her face as she shoved the flyer onto my face without a warning.

i quickly backed away before her hand and flyer could even touch my face. i narrowed my eyes and read the flyer. "what does this even mean?" i utter in confusion.

"this," she raises the flyer, "my friend is just unbelievable news!"

"and i'm supposed to listen to you rant this because?"

"because! you're my friend and like, i have a feeling you should know about this." miyeon explains before pulling the chair in front of my desk and taking a seat, facing me.

"what is it anyways?" i mumble, my eyes now darted onto one of my favorite books of all time. don't get me wrong, miyeon has probably seen me re-read this book for like more than thirty times now. it just that, for me, an actual good book would keep on getting better the more times you read it.

"it's about the royal family!"

hearing the words 'royal family' reminded me of something. that something was the boys i met back at the library again.

i couldn't help but chuckle as i remembered how renjun would keep on eyeing and doubting me.

"what about them?" i raised a brow.

"they're coming to the game on wednesday! well, not really every single one of them, i heard from my dad that it's up to the royal family themselves if they want to go or not," miyeon blabbered, "do you think all of the princes would go?"

i gave her a weird look, "i don't know."

"why don't you ask them yourself?"

miyeon laughed, "like that would be an easy thing to do!"

"you have connection tho—"

"yeah, but that doesn't mean i'm close to them or any of their staff or whatever." miyeon cuts me off and leaned back on her chair, "how about you?"

her questions caught me off guard as i eyed her, "what?"

"what do you think about the princes? knowing you, you probably don't even care." miyeon scoffed while a soft chuckle left my lips in amusement.

"you know me so well."

"why don't you even try and learn about the royal family, i mean, you've practically learned a lot about heraphany by now, you're always indulging yourself with your history books." she grimaced, her face showing a look pure of disgust.

"they're just the royal family—"

"just!?" miyeon screeched from her chair, causing students to crane their heads towards her sudden commotion.