29

3RD PERSONS VIEW

the royal family were having lunch a bit late today as they were busy preparing for the grand ball that would be in a few weeks from now.

they all sat in silence as only the sound of utensils against the ceramic plates filled the air. the queen was eating fairly slowly and little today as she kept glancing at the princes from time to time.

soon, the king started to notice this and decided to open up the situation. "is there something wrong, sun?"

lady misun flinched in her seat as the king had used a old nickname he gave her when they were still teenagers. the princes became alert with this action and stopped eating their meals to avert their attention to the queen.

lady misun shook her head and bowed her head down slightly, "it's nothing. continue on with your meals." she states softly before pressing her lips into a thin line.

the king nodded slowly before craning his head towards a specific prince. "jaemin-ah."

jaemin lifted his head up, eyes slightly wide, "yes, father?"

the others didn't stop with their meals, instead they decided to listen while eating.

"the organizers said you wanted mrs kang to be the caterer for the grand ball, is that so?"

jaemin gently propped his spoon down and faced their father properly with a small smile, "yes, father. i do want mrs kang to cater the food, drinks, and even sweets for the grand ball."

doyoung, who sat a few seats away front jaemin couldn't help but furrow his brows at this. even the others were shocked at jaemin's bold move.

"you see, father... mrs kang and her family has been catering for most of our events here in the palace for decades now, and i didn't really like the catering the organizers booked last time." jaemin pointed out and glanced at some of his brothers.

jungwoo smiled a bit at this, he knew what the boy was up to. some of the boys were quite glad to know he was bringing this up, they, too, didn't like the catering the organizers booked last time. they still preferred mrs kang's over anything.

"you boys really like mrs kang's dishes so much, don't you?" lady misun chuckled and smiled at the boys.

the king pursed his lips, "well, i don't see a problem with that. i'll tell the organizers to contact mrs kang right away."

"she's allowed to bring her workers with her, right?" jaemin raised a brow.

at this question, the older ones felt their brows knitting together in confusion as they stared at jaemin's hopeful face.

taeyong studied his brother's expression, there was definitely a reason to why he was acting like this.

"of course she is." lady misun responded to his question.

after a few more minutes, the king has finally finished his meal and stood up, "you have fencing training later at noon." he noted before walking off.

lady misun followed the king's footsteps but suddenly stopped to turn around and face the princes.

"boys?" she voiced out, a bit loud, earning their attention quickly.

"yes, mother? is there something wrong?" taeil questioned, worried that their mother was actually not feeling well or something.

lady misun shook her head lightly, smiling a bit, "no, there's nothing wrong, taeil. it's just that, i've noticed that mostly everyone has been looking quite happy than usual."