Chapter Twenty-Seven - I Love Her

Amity's P.O.V

My dad stood just five feet from me and Luz, his eyes bore into our souls, ready to kill one of us. I wasn't going to let him hurt her, or me. If he even tried to lay a finger on my girlfriend, I would kill him without hesitation. All I wanted to do was introduce her to my mom, I could care less about Drake. Unlike Drake, my mom actually cared about who I loved, she wanted to know who I was falling in love with.

"What's this faggot doing here?" Luz's hand tightened its grip on mine and I squeezed back, calming her nerves. My dad kept staring at us, waiting for me to answer his stupid question.

"Who? I don't see any faggots, all I see are friends who just want to hang out." I could hear a small giggle erupt from Luz as she covered her mouth with her hand, hoping no one heard her. Drake's glare hardened but he stepped aside and let us in.

Luz walked in first, quickly getting past my father and looking around the massive house. Her eyes widened, realizing just how big the house was, it was adorable to see her look around with curious eyes. She stopped to look at almost every little thing and jumping from one place to another. I could tell my dad was not enjoying this, he still glared at my girlfriend like she was terrible. I wanted to just punch him in the face right now, but I held myself back.

"Drake, who was at the door?" My mom walked down the stairs, pulling her hair up. Her mouth dropped when she saw Luz wandering around aimlessly, she stopped dead in the middle of the stairs.

"Hey mom, Luz is here. I hope that's okay with you." I wanted to make it obvious that my dad wasn't welcoming Luz but it didn't matter, as long as my mother did, she's staying.

"Of course! Why don't you two go upstairs while we talk?" She gave me a small smile, showing that she was proud of me for not letting my dad push me around.

"Sure, c'mon Luz!" I grabbed Luz's hand and rushed up the stairs and to my room. Not giving her any time to talk, I yanked her into my room and sat her down. Her eyes were wide, shocked by how fast I got us here.

"Yowza, you just pulled me from downstairs to here in like two seconds." She laughed, sending goosebumps all over my skin. Just her laugh made my heart melt and caused me to laugh.

"I love your laugh so much, I love everything about you so much." Luz's face went red as she turned her head away, not letting me see how flustered she was. Grabbing her chin, I lead her eyes to mine, seeing the glow in her eyes.

"How can you love everything about me? I'm a horrible person." The glow in her eyes disappeared and a tear replaced it, showing how sad she was. I felt my heart stop, shocked by what she said. This isn't like her, she's usually confident about herself, sure about who she is.

"Luz, no, don't say that. You're not a horrible person. Why would you think that Luzzy?" My hand reached up to her cheek as she stared at me, her eyes full of sadness and doubt. My other hand grabbed her left hand as I urged her to tell me, what in the world was going on?

"I think there's so many things wrong with me, I don't tell anyone because I don't want to bother people but dammit...I feel so insecure at times." She broke down in tears, ripping herself away from me and pulling her legs up, crying into her arms.

"Luz, tell me all of them. Give me all of your insecurities. I've given you so many of mine, now it's my turn to listen to you." I turned my body towards her, sitting cross legged on the comfy bed. She pulled her legs away and sat the same I was, just across from me. Her eyes were full of hurt, it killed me to see her like this. I haven't seen her this hurt and vulnerable since her mother died. I was gone for three years, I'm sure she's changed since then.