Chapter Fifteen - Scared

Luz's P.O.V

Things were different between me and Amity now. She avoided me at all costs, and I avoided her at all costs. It was like how we were when she abandoned me, but somehow it was different from that even. I lost all feelings I had for her, I didn't care about her anymore, didn't love her anymore. All I felt for her was betrayal and hurt.

Everyday she would eat alone in the cafeteria, and for a second I would feel bad for her but then remember what Zander told me. She kept her eyes downward, not even looking up to glance at me or stare into nothingness. She just sat there with her hung low. Her hand latched onto the fork but she didn't move a muscle. She seemed so broken and I had no idea why. I'm the one that should be broken, she should be fine. She got what she wanted after all, for us to be broken apart.

"Hey Luz, I heard that Zander told you about what Amity did." Willow sat next to me like always and looked at me with sympathy. She knew how bad this hurt me, she saw how much I cared for Amity.

"Yeah, I'm ignoring her completely. I don't ever want to speak to her again, unless it's to ask her why. Which I will someday." I angrily stabbed my food. These past few days, I've gone from mad to sad, not deciding on which feeling I should feel.

"That's understandable, but be careful if you ever speak to her. I don't want you to get more hurt than you already are." I smiled at how much she cares for me. Willow is honestly the nicest person anyone knows. She puts others first and always helps people.

"Thanks, I will be careful." She pulled me into a hug, making my anger fade away. Hugs were so relaxing to me.

"Hey Luz, can we talk for a minute?" I heard Zander approach us, setting down his tray. I looked up to see his gorgeous smile and beautiful eyes. He seriously was an attractive guy.

"Yeah, sure, what's up?" He sat down and leaned forward, making sure that Willow couldn't hear which I thought was a bit strange. I shrugged it off as he whispered in my ear.

"Come with me to the hallway really quick, that way no one can hear us." He pulled away and looked me straight in the eyes, almost as if telling me I better follow him. So I did. I grabbed my bag and followed Zander past the cafeteria and into the hall that was private. No one could see or hear us.

"What did you wanna talk about?" I ask, grabbing his hand while looking into his eyes. He smiled and gave me a quick kiss.

"I just wanted to tell you that I want you to please, just please, stay away from Amity." His eyes were practically pleading for me to agree with him, and as much as I wanted to, I couldn't.

"Well, one day I'm going to ask her why she did that to you, but then after that I will never want to speak to her again." His eyes had that dark look in them again, he didn't want me around her. I can understand why though.

"Don't even do that, trust me, she will probably hurt you more than you already are. Or she would lie about it." That's true, she did lie to me about Zander being a playboy.

"Still Zander, I need to talk to her. We need to settle this once and for all, whether we kill each other or not." He suddenly gripped my wrist again as his other hand gripped my chin to make me look straight into his eyes.

"Don't. Do not speak to her or I will make you and her both regret it." My heart stopped, every cell in my body shook as he said those words. I was actually scared of my boyfriend, I was scared that he would hurt me.

"Zander, please let go. I'm going to talk to her no matter what." His hand tightened on my wrist and I tried so hard to pull away but couldn't. What was wrong with him?