T W E L V E

CHAPTER TWELVE

I don't even know how I'm supposed to react after what Baekhyun did. I was too stunned. Is that even possible?! He was still looking at me. I did my best to avoid eye contact but I always find myself getting sucked in by his gaze.

It's impossible! One of them falling for me would be the last thing I'd think of! I thought I'd fall for one of them but I never thought of it the other way around.

"My brothers didn't want to leave us alone because they know I'm starting to like you," he said with a soft sigh.

"But you can't," I blurted out.

"What do you mean?" his brows furrowed.

"You can't like me. I'm not a demon, I'm just a human who's sent here as payment. A demon is only for a demon."

"My parents weren't both demons Paige and why would that even matter to me?" he asked.

I felt flustered all of a sudden. Why would he tell me that of all times? I couldn't even grasp the whole idea. "I know the timing is bad, but I just had to tell you."

"He'll hurt you. I'm already his mate, there's no escape." I clenched my fists. Sehun knows that Baekhyun said he's the one that claimed me and I'm scared of the consequences. I remembered the time when Sehun tried choking him to death, I don't want someone else getting hurt because of me.

"That wasn't your fault. It's my own fault for being too weak." he placed his hands on my shoulders.

"No, it isn't. If I wasn't careless then his other form shouldn't have appeared in the first place. I'm sorry for everything. Ever since I came here I've brought nothing but trouble."

"Hush Paige," he pulled me into a warm embrace. "Stop worrying, you just need to recover alright?" he smiled at me.

"I'm okay, I guess I just needed help to calm myself down. I'm just a little hurt, that's all." little hurt is indeed an understatement but I guess I should just forget about it... if it was even possible.

"Just get some rest, okay?" he helped me lie down on my bed. "I'll be outside if you need me." he was about to leave but I suddenly grabbed him by the arm.

"Can you please stay?"

He sat down at the edge of my bed and he flashed me a sweet smile. "I'll stay here until you fall asleep."

"Thank you,"

"I'm on guard duty then," he chuckled as he entwined our fingers. "Go to sleep Paige, I'll be here." he kissed me on the forehead and I closed my eyes.

"Just a few more days and you could've been mine."

I had a good rest that night despite everything that happened. With Baekhyun by my side, I felt safe and secured. His hold on my hand was firm yet gentle. Still, the thought of him falling for me still hasn't sunk in.

I considered the thoughts that I might fall for him and I guess it's possible too. For every single day, I spend more time with them. I can't deny the fact that I care for them, but I'll be honest with the fact that I care for Baekhyun and Sehun the most. I don't even know why, but I guess I'll think about it some other time.

The weekend passed by and we had to go to school once again. I wore my uniform and I joined the others downstairs.

"Everyone ready to go?" Xiumin asked and all of us nodded.

During the trip to school, Baekhyun was holding my hand the whole time. We got eyed by the others but both of us ignored them. Right now I'm confused, I don't know what's our current status. I can't say that our feelings are mutual but I can't deny that I don't have any feelings for him either. All in all, I find this situation really confusing.