T W O

CHAPTER TWO

I wonder why he looks so surprised upon seeing me. "Hi there, you're Se--" he raised his hand in front of me as a gesture for me to stop.

"I am Sehun, but please don't mention my name." He said as if it was a warning, much to my confusion. I just shrugged it off and I reached my hand towards him.

He made no move, he just stared at me blankly. "You're not allowed here," he told me. "This place is for me only."

"Why? Don't your brothers go here too?" I asked. He wasn't this cold to me a while ago, and why does he seem to be... sad?

He shook his head in response. "I tend to isolate myself from them. Although I have no problems with any of them, they're good brothers... but this is what I'm supposed to do since I'm the youngest."

Don't the youngest always get pampered? They're the ones to receive the most attention, right?

"Not in my family," I looked at him in confusion. Is it me or did he just read my mind? "Please, you have to leave." he added.

"Why are you isolating yourself? You're part of the family, right? Have you been this lonely ever since?" I asked with a frown.

"I don't know much. I've been like this ever since. I'm just not allowed to make any kind of contact or form any kind of relationship with others." I was about to protest when his expression turned cold. "I'm already violating the rules as I'm talking to you, leave. Knowing each other's name is more than enough."

After that he entered his room. I sighed in disbelief, this isn't turning out great. Besides, I still don't get Sehun. What he said made no sense. He doesn't even know the reason why he's keeping himself away.

I walked back towards my room and I was surprised to see Baekhyun sitting on my bed. "Haven't we told you that you shouldn't talk to Sehun?" he asked.

How did he know?

"I just wandered off to his area so I talked to him," I explained. "And he told me some confusing things." I slowly added.

Baekhyun chuckled as he stood up. "Weird or not it is still our rule," he went near me then he looked straight into my eyes. "It shouldn't be broken so stay away from Sehun. I hope you understand." after that, he left.

I don't understand anything. Nothing is making any sense. From the reason why my stepfather insisted that I live here up to these mysterious siblings, there's no sense. Why are they acting like that? Why do I have the feeling that I'm not supposed to be here?

I sat there in silence as I looked out the window. It started raining a few moments ago. I could only hear the sound of the raindrops landing against the window and the pavements. I immediately felt lonely, I want my old life back. Even if it was a bit lonely, I would much rather prefer that than feeling unwelcome.

I was spacing out so I didn't even notice Suho at the bedroom door. "Paige," I turned towards him. "I've already called you twice, is something wrong?" he asked.

Everything is wrong.

I shook my head in response. "Well I came here to call you for dinner. You should head to the dining hall. It's rude to keep the food waiting."

How long was I spacing out? Has it been hours ever since Baekhyun left my room? I just followed Suho to the dining hall. It was no exaggeration, it is indeed a hall. The place was huge, it had high ceilings, a long mahogany table, and a huge chandelier hung in the middle.

"You can sit here Paige," Chanyeol said as he pulled out a chair for me. I silently thanked him as I took my seat. Everyone was sitting already, even our food was already prepared.