T E N

Neither of us said a word after that. I haven't completely calmed down yet but I'm getting there. For some reason, Sehun's presence helped me feel more at ease. It made me feel that at least someone cares.

Sehun was currently sitting beside me but he made sure to keep his distance from me. I looked at him and he's just drawing small circles in the water. He's looking a lot paler than usual because of his fever.

"Thanks for staying," I muttered. It's not much a big of deal for him but it means a lot to me that he's here. He kept avoiding me for a whole week yet here he is.

"It's nothing, it's better this way. Who knows what you could have ended up doing if I didn't come here." he replied.

"I'm not going to sugarcoat it, I really felt like crap but no matter how bad things get, I won't end my life." silence followed afterwards.

"Why were you crying?" he asked. I turned to him and he was looking at me this time. His eyes showed a tinge of concern.

"Is it okay to tell you?" I asked back.

"Is it okay to ask you?"

I took a deep breath. "I guess it won't hurt to tell you," at least I hope it won't. "I met my stepfather when I left the house." I answered.

"You left the house?" his brows raised skyward. He never noticed the note? I slowly nodded. "Why would you leave without anyone accompanying you? And you didn't even tell me," he said.

"Well, I left a note." I grumbled. "But would you allow me to leave if I asked you?" I looked at him.

He sighed. "No, you have no one to accompany you," he answered. "And even if I am here, I still won't be able to go with you since I can't interact with humans." He does have a point. What would be more chaotic than seeing Sehun's other form while we're with a bunch of other people? It would've been a total killing spree.

"Sorry, now I regret leaving. I never should've left, then I never would have met that guy." I sneered as I recalled my stepfather's words.

"Was your encounter with him that bad?" I replied with a nod. Bad would be an understatement though, I felt horrible after seeing him.

"He said he never cared about me... he said I was just extra baggage. I was living with him for more than five years, and to have heard those words right from his very mouth, felt horrid. I still treated him as family for those times despite him not caring for me, so I was really hurt... and angry. He did not only betray me but my mother as well." I narrated as I hugged my knees.

He was just quiet after that. I guess he felt really awkward that I told him such a sensitive topic. "But no need to think about it though, I'll be okay." I assured. "Sorry if I'm being a burden,"

"You aren't," he shook his head. "I just wish that my brothers are here, or at least Baekhyun," he said.

"Why?" I asked him.

"Then at least someone could hug you to help you feel better. I'm practically useless." he replied. That's what he thinks, without him I would probably still be crying like a child. "Baekhyun is probably the one that understands you the most since he claimed you." I bit my lip at that.

Baekhyun isn't the one that claimed me. "O-oh... I guess he would," I averted my gaze. I hope he won't be able to see through my small lie.

"He's really overprotective with you isn't he?" he asked.

"Y-yeah," I nodded.

"It's only normal, I can tell that he cares for you a lot," he added. I honestly felt really awkward. Why are we talking about Baekhyun now?