F O R T Y - T H R E E

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

I felt my heart pounding against my chest. Why is Sehun doing this? He was standing behind me with his arms around my waist and I felt him resting his head against my back as he said sorry.

It was like all my senses stopped functioning at the moment. How am I supposed to react to this? When I felt his hold getting loose, I suddenly held his hands. I don't want him to let go. I just don't.

"You know I won't stay mad even if I tried."

I felt him relaxing after I said that. Meanwhile, I felt myself smiling. I know this is wrong and that everyone warned us about being too close but I can't help but feel comfortable with Sehun.

Silence passed by and neither of us made a move. I wanted to ask him why he's doing such a thing. Just one sorry for him is enough. I think that's my disadvantage, I just can't stay mad at Sehun.

"Your brothers will wake up soon," I spoke up. I regretted saying it though, I just wanted to stay like this longer.

Sehun then released his hold on me but I felt his hesitation. "Can you please look at me?" his voice was soft. "Just for a while," he added.

I swallowed the lump in my throat before I slowly turned towards him. "It's okay, we'll be fine." I assured him.

"I still need to tell you something," he somewhat looked troubled. I leaned back against the counter and waited for him.

"About yesterday... I said things that I shouldn't have," he began as he averted his gaze from mine. "I just want you to know that whatever I said... I didn't mean them and I'll never say those things."

I looked up at him, he's hesitating to say something. "So you know everything now?"

He pressed his lips into a thin line as he once again avoided eye contact. "Yes,"

So he knows how I feel now? Perhaps that's why he can't look me in the eyes.

"You can just forget about it if it makes you uncomfortable." I said.

"It doesn't," he immediately said which caught me by surprise.

Our eyes met and I could feel my heart racing again. Sehun placed one hand on the counter and he leaned down. He was slowly closing his eyes and I did the same. I don't want to doubt him anymore.

I could him getting closer. I've never been this close to him before, at least his normal form.

"What's for breakfast?"

Sehun and I suddenly got back to our senses when we saw Lay right by the kitchen entrance.

"Uhh... pancakes," I said as Sehun took a step back.

"I smell something burning," Sehun turned towards the stove.

"Oh shoot!" I ran towards the stove and switched it off. I burned the batch that I was making. Gosh, how long was I distracted?

"You burnt them?" Lay asked. "You hardly make mistakes in cooking, Paige." he pointed out.

"I was busy preparing the hot chocolate," I scratched my head.

Lay gave me a knowing smile before chuckling in amusement. "I'll go and prepare the table,"

Damn it, how will I face Sehun after what just happened? Last time at the balcony I wasn't sure if he really was going to kiss me but now I'm certain of it. We were about to kiss and I'm not being delusional at all!

"Is there anything I should help you with?" he asks. I felt a bit relieved that he changed the subject.

"I'm okay, I was just a bit distracted earlier." I told him as I poured some batter on the pan. I had to make a new batch since the previous batch turned into coal.