F O R T Y - S I X

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX

Sehun's POV

"Sehun! Why are you crying again?" I ran over to my mother.

"I-It was dead," I sobbed as I held the lifeless kitten in my hands. "What... What about it's family?"

"Stop crying," mother made me put down the kitten on the ground then she held my hands tightly.

"Is it my fault? Mom I-I'm so sorry," I cried. "I never wanted to hurt it."

Mother held me tightly and rubbed my back. She nuzzled my hair then kissed the side of my head. "It's not your fault. Don't cry. Is my little Sehun scared?" she asked and I nodded.

"Mommy is here... I'm here, don't be afraid anymore."

I recalled what happened when I was a kid. Only mother could cheer me up whenever I unintentionally did something horrible.

Looking at Paige now, I know exactly how she feels and it feels horrible.

She's trembling with fear, she was covered in blood and she's crying her heart out. She's probably feeling the same way I felt when I got my senses back at the auditorium. I felt horrible and I still bring that guilt until today... And I did more than that.

"I'm here... Don't be afraid anymore."

After saying those words, I felt her relaxing in my arms. I still had my forehead against hers while I moved one hand to the back of her head affectionately.

"I told you back then that I don't like seeing you this hurt," I said softly. "If you're hurt... I am too." I looked deeply into her eyes.

She looked back at me and I noticed that her trembling stopped. She then reached out and shakily brushed her thumb across my lip.

"Does it hurt?" she asked worriedly. "I'm sorry for earlier,"

"You don't need to apologize, I wasn't hurt. Don't worry." I assured.

"Still..." she averted her gaze. "Your lip is bruised,"

Silence passed by for a moment. "Will I hurt more people? What if I hurt you again? Or your brothers?" she kept asking.

"Paige, you won't hurt someone on your own will."

She heaved a deep sigh as she gave me a weak smile. "Thanks for being here Sehun,"

The way she said my name made me feel warm inside. She'd always call me Hun back then, I secretly liked the nickname but hearing her call me by my name had a different effect.

"Paige," I said as my eyes met hers again. "Close your eyes."

"Why?" she asked.

"It will calm you down. Close your eyes and count to ten," I told her.

Her lips pouted in confusion but she did as I told her. I looked at her once again, I was able to calm her down.

My fingers trailed along her jawline, I leaned down and she didn't pull back. I know this isn't the best time but I just wanted to kiss her.

"You're so in love that it looks ridiculous,"

I felt my lips slightly brushing against hers but the moment I heard his voice, I immediately pulled back.

"Why'd you back out? Afraid that I'll take over?"

Just then, Paige opened her eyes and she gave me a confused look. "Is something wrong?" she asked.