Chapter 16

Louis just couldn’t get over the fact that he was going to be bringing one of his babies home. He was sad that he couldn’t bring his baby girl too but Blaine was going to finally be with him and in his arms all the time. Niall and Liam promised to be waiting while Harry and Louis were gone, sitting patiently on the couch. Niall was the most excited about the tiny boy, already in love with him and he’s only seen pictures.

Louis made sure the carseat was strapped in tightly, roughly shaking it to make sure it wasn’t moving. Once the tiny man was sure everything was perfect he got into the passenger seat of the car, looking over the new interior. Harry was grabbing the Blaine’s bag, it had a pair of warmer clothes, a bottle, diapers and wipes, and several other things the first time parents had grabbed just in case. The ride to the hospital was short and Louis was ready to explode when they entered the NICU where his babies were. Brielle was sleeping but Blaine was looking around as much as he could, tiny mouth open and little hands clenching and unclenching. He wasn’t attached to any wires, so Louis immediately picked him up out of his plastic bed and nuzzled their noses together. Blaine kicked his little feet, huffing out a small noise that Louis took for excitement.

“Oh, there you are!” The nurse greeted, watching as Louis snuggled the baby close to his chest. “Are you ready to take him home? You can change him first,” she said motioning to the bag Harry held in his hand. Louis nodded, setting the tiny baby down back in his makeshift bed. He took the bag from Harry and the man went to give their sleeping daughter attention.

Louis unclasped the buttons between Blaine’s legs and up the front of the baby before he started to gently shimmy the onesie off of Blaine’s arms and out from under him. Blaine’s eyes were wide and his legs kicked out at being touched but not picked up. Louis cooed and leaned down to kiss his tiny nose. “Don’t cry baby boy. Only changing you so you can go home,” he said and bent to pick up the black bag to pull out another onesie, this one a baby blue color. He slipped it carefully over Blaine’s head and clasped it. Louis turned to check on Harry and the man was sitting in a rocker that had recently been added to the section of the NICU their twins had been moved into, their daughter snuggled in his arms.

Louis finished dressing his son, the baby in a brown and white footie pajama outfit, his tiny hands in little brown gloves. It was to help his hands from the cold air outside and to stop the baby from scratching his face with his quickly growing nails. Blaine nuzzled into Louis’ neck, rooting hungrily when the sub picked him up, patting his butt a few times for comfort.

“How is he?” Harry asked, arms free of their daughter. She was still sleeping, back in her bed now. Louis watched her for a moment, loving the tiny rise and fall of her chest.

“Didn’t cry as I changed him, hungry though… sleepy too,” Louis said turning and lifting his head a little to show Harry the babies face. The baby was slowly blinking, lips parted and tongue poking out. He was going to fall asleep soon, and Louis hoped he’d wake up when they reached the house so he could feed the tiny baby before he fell asleep again.

“He passed all the tests that he needed to. He can leave here as soon as you sign and date these,” the nurse informed handing Harry a brown clipboard with three papers clipped to it. Louis watched as Harry signed his name on the line at the bottom. Louis passed Blaine to the taller man so he could do his own signing.

Louis moved onto his tiptoes to look at his baby’s face once he was done and was happy to see him sleeping. “Want to put him into his carseat? I really want to take him home,” Louis flushed pink when Harry chuckled and nodded. Louis picked the carseat up and set it on the table next to Blaine’s bed. He moved the buckles out of the way so they wouldn’t stab the poor baby.  Harry supported Blaine’s head as he lowered the tiny baby into the seemingly too large carseat.