Chapter 5

By eighteen weeks, it could no longer be hidden that Louis was pregnant. Even Harry’s baggy jumpers, although they weren’t quite tight over Louis’ bump yet, bulged out with Louis’ belly. The younger boy couldn’t keep his hands off of it, always stroking or holding the firm skin. Niall became infatuated with Louis’ stomach as well, cooing over it and patting it whenever he could. In fact, Louis was certain that Niall touched Louis’ tummy more than Harry did, but he couldn’t blame his Dom. Harry was trying, was still adjusting to the idea of the babies, and Louis was simply glad that they would be having them in the first place.

It was a few days after Louis had reached eighteen weeks, and he was safely and happily in his second trimester. Harry and Louis were in the living room with Liam and Niall sitting in with them as well to watch a movie. Harry of course, was emailing people, but Louis had talked him into coming out of his office so that Louis could cuddle into him on the couch while the older man worked on his laptop. Louis had grown accustomed to taking short naps throughout the day ever since his fifteen week, as he was finding that it was harder to fall asleep at night, more uncomfortable, and so as the movie continued he gradually started to fall asleep against Harry’s shoulder. Or, he was until Harry swore.

“You have to be fucking kidding me.”

Louis jolted awake, instantly sitting up off from where he’d practically been laying against Harry’s side, “S-sorry, I didn’t-”

The Dom looked to Louis in confusion, but Liam supplied, “I don’t think he was upset about you falling asleep on him, Lou.”

“Oh, you were sleeping, shit. Sorry. You can sleep, pet, I need to talk to Liam about something,” Harry ran his hands over his face. Louis could clearly see that Harry was irritated, and he felt like it was his job to soothe his Dom. So rather than leaning back against the older man to drift back off again, he lightly touched Harry’s arm.

“Is everything okay, sir?”

“Mmhm,” Harry’s face softened a bit, and he reached out to stroke Louis’ hair. “Don’t worry about it, just nap or watch your movie. Liam, can we talk in the dining room?”

Liam nodded, and Harry sat his laptop on the coffee table before he stood and left Louis on the couch. It was immediately colder without Harry’s warm and solid body, and Louis frowned as he watched his Dom leave the room. Niall jumped up and hurried over, sitting next to Louis and smiling at Louis’ tummy.

“What are they doing in there, do you think?”

Louis giggled, rubbing his belly softly but moving his hands for Niall to touch as well, “Well they’re the size of sweet potatoes. That’s probably why I’m so noticeable. They’re supposed to be yawning and stretching and stuff in there, wiggling around too. Sometimes I think I might be feeling them but… it also might just be gas bubbles or something because you’d think that I would know for sure if I felt one of them.”

As Niall rubbed at Louis’ belly, Louis attempted to pick up on what Harry and Liam were saying in the other room. They were speaking too low, however, and Louis gave up as Niall spoke again.

“It is okay if I touch your tummy, right? It doesn’t freak you out or anything?”

Louis shook his head instantly, “Of course not! You’re my friend, I don’t mind you touching my belly.”

“And Harry? I don’t want to make him mad or make him think I’m like… flirting with you. I don’t want to get you in trouble either!” Niall chewed his bottom lip.

“He won’t get mad,” Louis promised. “He trusts you, you earned his trust the moment you… well, you’ve earned his trust.”

Niall had betrayed his own Dom to protect Louis, it was what Louis was trying to hint at, but he didn’t like to talk about it, and Niall had a new Dom. He didn’t need to be reminded of his old Dom. Louis would still have the occasional nightmare from the day if the incident, or from both incidents involving him. Sometimes Harry would never come back from being questioned, would end up arrested or something, and Louis would be stuck being tortured by Zayn. Or Harry would come down as Louis was caned, prepared to go to Louis’ aid only for Zayn to turn the cane on him instead. He hadn’t told Harry about the dreams, but when he would wake up sweaty and shaking, panting against Harry’s chest, Louis would claim he couldn’t even remember what had happened.