Chapter 14

Louis couldn’t sleep at all. Being out of the hospital should have helped him he figured, but he wasn’t in the hospital with his babies. Of course he couldn’t see them at night anyway, but when nurses would come in he’d ask for updates on them if he was awake. His babies were at least within his reach, but at home they were nearly twenty minutes away. His chest ached at the thought.

He was awake at 3am, only having been sleeping for about four hours. Harry slept like a rock beside him, despite promising to be up if Louis was up. The Dom needed his sleep, Louis knew just how tired the man was. Rather than lying in bed and sniffling, Louis carefully got up and made his way downstairs so he wouldn’t wake Harry. His incision still ached and tugged painfully, especially when he stood straight. His hands were always pressed there anyway in longing for the skin to still be firm and stretched, missing the little nudges he would feel from time to time. His poor Little Fuzzies were no longer apart of him, they were somewhere he couldn’t care for them, and he hated it.

He sat in the living room where Harry had placed the pump, and he tried to pump at least a full bottle to take with him when they went to the hospital. It gave him something, made him feel like he was caring for his babies even when he wasn’t there to physically do so. But around 6am he ended up dozing off on the couch only to be woken up thirty minutes later by the weight of a thick blanket being tucked around him.

His eyes flashed open, and he was met with a slightly more rested looking Harry. The Dom gave Louis a worried look, “Why weren’t you in bed?”

“Couldn’t sleep… I had two bottles that were half full, do you know where they went?” Louis’ eyes scanned the coffee table.

“I put them in the fridge,” Harry replied. “How long were you up?”

Louis shrugged weakly. If Harry knew the truth he might make Louis go back to bed, but if Louis avoided the subject he could avoid lying and they could go see their babies.”

“I’m not sure. Can we go see the babies?” Louis asked hopefully.

Harry nodded, hesitantly sitting beside Louis and leaning in for a kiss. Louis turned his head to allow Harry to kiss his cheek, but he hadn’t yet brushed his teeth so he didn’t want to kiss Harry with morning breath. It made the Dom look a little upset, so Louis gave him a quick, closed mouth peck on the lips.

A hand grabbed his own, and Harry’s voice was strained as he asked, “W-Where’s your ring?”

“On the nightstand,” Louis replied. “I must have forgotten to put it back on after you helped me shower last night. I didn’t want soap residue on it…”

“I’ll get it for you,” Harry mumbled. “Go in the kitchen and see if Leonard is in yet. That’s the cook by the way. Inform him that we need breakfast, I don’t really care what so I’ll let you choose.”

“Yes sir,” Louis responded.

“Call me Harry,” Harry insisted. “You’re allowed to call me Harry now.”

Which in all honesty Louis did love. Calling Harry by his real name made Louis feel like he was showing Harry just how much he loved him. One of the biggest things that kept Louis grounded was Harry. His Dom and his husband. If Louis had to go through his babies being in the hospital alone he would have shattered to pieces, he was sure of it. But Harry kept things together, Harry made Louis feel like things could be okay.

The Dom helped Louis up off the couch so Louis could go speak to Leonard, and then Harry slipped quietly off and up the steps to retrieve Louis’ ring. Louis hardly ever took it off anyway, he’d worn it nearly his entire hospital visit, but just like with his collar he would take it off so that it didn’t get damaged, and then he’d put it right back on again. He loved both of them, symbols that he belonged to Harry and that Harry belonged to him.