Chapter 7

Harry had thought about it. He’d thought about it long and hard, only not about whether or not he wanted to do it, because he would do it in a heartbeat, but about the outcome it would bring from the public. He’d been single for thirty-two years, and when he’d been matched with Louis everything had blown up. Paparazzi followed him everywhere, even more so than they had, and with the news about their babies things hadn’t changed. And yet Harry still wanted it. He still wanted to propose to Louis.

He used to think that marriage was something he wouldn’t have time for, he had never felt the need to be married. Before Louis, he always figured that if he was matched with a sub then he would take care of that sub and that he would most likely love him, but again that was before Louis. He had no idea that Louis would be his world, his light, his universe. Yet Louis had crept in all blue eyed, soft, and shy, and somehow he melted Harry’s heart and broke down the Dom’s walls. All things but Louis ceased to be important. Even his job, which had once been his pride and joy, the thing he devoted everything he had to, was no longer as relevant to him as the small boy with the fringe that could win Harry over with a crinkly eyed smile or a shyly induced cuddle.

Harry wanted to marry him. Everyone would know then that Louis was his and he was Louis’. He didn’t give a shit about what other people thought, but he did want himself and Louis to be able to leave the house upon occasion, so he figured that when he proposed it would be in his best interest to not let the paparazzi see or spread the news before they were ready.

However, Harry wasn’t quite sure how to go about the procedure. He didn’t necessarily want to look for rings with Louis, because he didn’t want Louis to know what he was planning. It would also be less noticeable to look for rings on his own without his pregnant sub. Louis’ tummy was highly noticeable. And so when Louis was twenty-three weeks pregnant and preoccupied by playing FIFA with Niall, Harry turned to the person who had helped him greatly in the past.

“Liam, can we talk in the kitchen?” Harry requested. Liam nodded and gently slid Niall from his lap, kissing the blonde’s head. Both Dom’s had been reading, or in Harry’s case pretending to read as he thought about how to propose to Louis. The sub looked up from his game in slight concern, but Harry offered him a reassuring smile and he went back to his game.

The curly haired Dom led the way to the kitchen, Liam following close behind him. Harry only hoped that Liam could give him some sort of advice. As he turned to face the other man, Liam was already looking a tad concerned.

“Everything okay?” he asked. “You don’t have to make another trip, do you? And if you do you really should take Louis because-”

“No other trips,” Harry assured softly, and he ran his hand nervously over his hair. “But… I want to do something. Something big.”

“Are Niall and I being kicked out?” Liam’s face grew more concerned.

“No!” Harry said immediately. “Goodness, no. Nothing like that. I just, like. I want to propose.”

Liam blinked in confusion, “Propose an idea… a toast?”

“To Louis,” Harry whispered. “I want to propose to Louis.”

The doctor’s eyes grew large, but then his entire face lit up as he clapped Harry on the shoulder, “That is big! And fantastic! That’s wonderful Harry, I’m very happy for you both.”

“Well I haven’t asked him yet, so we shouldn’t get our hopes up,” Harry pointed out. “He can’t deny me as a Dom really, but he could deny me as a husband.”

“Louis would never be able to deny you anything, what are you talking about?” Liam scoffed. “You went on a trip for like a day and a half without him and he was miserable because he missed you so much.”